• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

JD 4450 or 4430??

Yeah Chip it and go! We've got a chip on the 8410, Cat 765, and the old 9600 combine. Thinking of getting one for the 9420T. It needs just a little more umph.

LOL what kind of chip is it maybe get one for the 7230 if we get it

Don't think so but they ight be interchanged between tractors if they have the same motor and fuel system.

i think they do they have the 7730 which has the same 6.8power plus 4valve as the 7230 like were getting so i think if we get it i will call about it..

LOL what kind of chip is it maybe get one for the 7230 if we get it

If you chip that, you can kiss the warranty goodbye. Pretty sure JD has tamper proofed the electronics on them. Why not pay the extra $$$ for the factory power boost, this way you have full coverage?

If you chip that, you can kiss the warranty goodbye. Pretty sure JD has tamper proofed the electronics on them. Why not pay the extra $$$ for the factory power boost, this way you have full coverage?

Yea, I wouldn't mess with the '30 series Deere tractors. Our 7930 has been at the dealer too much already, and its there right now (it's NOT chipped). Buy a bigger tractor next time.

Wise choice on getting the 4450 over the 4430. 50 series and up is my personal choice, because the 15spd PS is WAY better for haying, better splits.

On the other topic, I run a 8320 for my neighbor, and it is chipped, and it will pull hard. When it is one cart for 5-6 axial flows, i get permission to hustle the hell out of that cart. luckily KS fields are nice and smooth, as once the cart is filled, I roll into the throttle and start rowing through the PS and it pulls hard, as the turbo is whistling away, and the chip is dumping the fuel to it, as it smokes like a healthy 2-cycle Detroit! (well maybe not as bad, but for a newer tractor, pretty good!)

It has the ILS with singles, and besides the grease fittings never lining up, I like it pretty well.

Back