• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
As long as you're modifying the breather anyways... run vent lines from trans, xfer case, and axles all together with hard plastic d.o.t. airline and run it to the airfilter. Takes about $25, but keeps dust and dirt out, more importantly, keeps any water out that might otherwise get in.
Thank's for the idea I've been considering everything but the D.O.T approved hard plastic lines say minimum 3/8" ID for this project.

Redesigning a fording system to redirect crankcase pressure into all vent lines while fording, or maybe a low voltage 3 pound output fish tank air pump to turn on when needed instead of using the crankcase pressure.

Batteries AGM will be installed in the interior as there is too much modification to be done on drivers side to clear the RAM radiator.

All the military rigs just join together all the diffs, trans,etc and run them together with 1/4" line that goes to the intake area post air filter.

The engine crankcase/cdr only has a small breather hole on the cdr itself-that just gets plugged temporarily while fording, so any high rpm just temporarily builds pressure in crankcase.

I am loosing my cdr and installing a provent 200. That also has a breather hole, but i will run a line on it to the same location as others if I font do a blocking valve.

The rollover valves on the fuel tanks tie together and go to a tiny filter above the waterline.

The engine gets hot enough they are worried about cold water hitting pan and cooling interior atmosphere that generates a vacuum, so they use the cdr kill valve to pressurize the case. Transmissions cant flexout the atmosphere to create a vacuum without such a drastic change that the case would crack.

Differentials could...but since the seals are under more pressure in the normal position than any cooling vacuum could create, not normally a concearn. Again, everything would have to be so hot you would be damaging things with the thermal shock like rotors, calipers,etc.

IMO the 3/8" vent line size is for when SHTF and you have a smoking bad bearing or slipping auto trans clutch boiling the oil out. Larger lines allow faster air movement and less vacuum on seals when cold shock hits.

I was thinking 3/8" so my vent on trans will not puke fluid from slinging of fluid by rotating components since there is no baffle, I'm now rethinking short run of 3/8" into small surge tank then into 1/4".

I looked at my existing vents on GM diff's and t-case they all look to be 3/8" ID too.

All the military rigs just join together all the diffs, trans,etc and run them together with 1/4" line that goes to the intake area post air filter.

The engine crankcase/cdr only has a small breather hole on the cdr itself-that just gets plugged temporarily while fording, so any high rpm just temporarily builds pressure in crankcase.

I am loosing my cdr and installing a provent 200. That also has a breather hole, but i will run a line on it to the same location as others if I font do a blocking valve.

The rollover valves on the fuel tanks tie together and go to a tiny filter above the waterline.

The engine gets hot enough they are worried about cold water hitting pan and cooling interior atmosphere that generates a vacuum, so they use the cdr kill valve to pressurize the case. Transmissions cant flexout the atmosphere to create a vacuum without such a drastic change that the case would crack.

Differentials could...but since the seals are under more pressure in the normal position than any cooling vacuum could create, not normally a concearn. Again, everything would have to be so hot you would be damaging things with the thermal shock like rotors, calipers,etc.
I'm thinking running a provent too...thanks for the input.

Here are some more images of the 47RH front pump "vent block-off mod" I used gasket maker that is synthetic fluid friendly.

Attachments

• DSCI0001.JPG
    DSCI0001.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCI0002.JPG
    DSCI0002.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCI0003.JPG
    DSCI0003.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCI0004.JPG
    DSCI0004.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 10
I didn't know that some gasket maker isn't synthetic friendly.
I suspect these days most RTV can stand up to the synthetic fluids, some time ago AMSOIL had posted a bulletin about it and recommending to use gaskets in place of GM recommended RTV in some assemblies using synthetic fluids...now I just buy RTV made for synthetic fluid applications because of the expense of these fluids nowadays add to this any water ingress will require new fluids so I plan accordingly.....

Last edited:
Finally, finished the 47RH 2wd conversion to 4x4 used lots of billet, ALTO & ceramic clutches also increased clutch count as needed.

The valve-body has many of the TransGo and Sonnex mods & updates too.

90 deg vent will keep water at bay...now on to the NP241c input shaft so I can bolt it to the 4x4 trans.

Attachments

• DSCI0001.JPG
    DSCI0001.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCI0003.JPG
    DSCI0003.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 14
Finally, finished the 47RH 2wd conversion to 4x4 used lots of billet, ALTO & ceramic clutches also increased clutch count as needed.

The valve-body has many of the TransGo and Sonnex mods & updates too.

90 deg vent will keep water at bay...now on to the NP241c input shaft so I can bolt it to the 4x4 trans.

I mis-stated "ceramic" when I meant "carbon fiber."

Back