• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
There plenty 2.8 Holden diesels down under in the bone yards shipping one from there would be crazy.
The 2.8l has only been out for a few years, even abroad. The one you see most is a different much lower output DMAX engine. And don't dorget all the fun of getting an international only diesel engine into the US past the EPA. Many forget that the EPA sticks there nose in whenever auto parts and engines come through customs. Thats why theres no om605 engines in the states. They're a dime a dozen in Europe, make great power, and will fit in many engine bays, but the EPA won't let them in because they were never US certified.

The 2.8l has only been out for a few years, even abroad. The one you see most is a different much lower output DMAX engine. And don't dorget all the fun of getting an international only diesel engine into the US past the EPA. Many forget that the EPA sticks there nose in whenever auto parts and engines come through customs. Thats why theres no om605 engines in the states. They're a dime a dozen in Europe, make great power, and will fit in many engine bays, but the EPA won't let them in because they were never US certified.
Yea, I think it was last year DHS raided someones home because they somehow imported, titled and registered a diesel Landy that is not allowed in the US they seized the vehicle. One would think if they were doing their jobs it would not be the end user who lost out....

Are you talking about the new 4 cylinder? If so it will be awhile before they come down in price enough to afford a swap with one.

It'll just be a matter of not so much time before somebody "insurance totals" a K1500 with the 2.8 Dmax in it and the vehicle winds up in a salvage yard. IIRC from reading in Diesel Power, there's already aftermarket intake and exhaust available for it and I believe PPE has a developed tunes for it already.

It'll just be a matter of not so much time before somebody "insurance totals" a K1500 with the 2.8 Dmax in it and the vehicle winds up in a salvage yard. IIRC from reading in Diesel Power, there's already aftermarket intake and exhaust available for it and I believe PPE has a developed tunes for it already.
It doesn't come in any full size trucks, only the mid size colorado and canyon. And the tunes for them are through efilive, not aware of any other tuners for them. Since it was released abroad before here, there was support/mods for them before they even hit the lots. The 4.5l baby V8 was slated to go in half tons, but GM scrapped that engine in 08 when the bubble popped. Sort of like how they gave away the rights to the 3.0l v6 to FIAT after they had paid them to design it for the ESCALADE overseas saying there was no demand for them. We've seen how the ecodiesel has worked out for DODGE and JEEP.

I thought they were dropping it into the 1500 series for MY 2017, at least that was the report, to compete against the Ram ecodiesel 1500 and new Nissan Cat 5.0 V8 diesels.

No way, it's way too underpowered. And the Nissan is a 5.0L Cummins.
Hey, I'm past 50 and subject to occasional bouts of oldheimers. Cat, Cummins, at least I remembered it was a 5.0 V8 in a Nissan! And IMHO it (the 2.8 Dmax) is not underpowered for the much, much lighter 1500 series platform. It is very nearly the same HP and torque as the 6.5 that is in much heavier K2500 Burbs, K3500 CCLB duallies and P30 chassis-based motorhomes.

There was talk of putting the 2.8L 4 cylinder into the vans to compete with the SPRINTER market, but haven't heard anything about it going into the trucks. It would NOT compete in a 1500 i ntodays market with the expected acceelration and power that people have come to expect in a half ton truck. There WAS a mention here awhile back of GM reviving the 4.5L V8 BABY MAX again, but there was only 1 mention of it several months ago.

I did a Cummins 12 valve in a 96 dually 4x4 cclb . It was a beast for sure. There is so much aftermarket support for the swap now that I did not have.
I do have a bread truck engine to trans adapter complete with starter crank hub adapter, bolts, flex plate......ect I sell for $750 + shipping.
As far as trans controller I've been there done that. To make a TCM work is not worth the effort. IMO get a stand alone controller like the QuickShift 1 or 4 I offer. Ask Nate about it, he just got one.
Is that trans to cummins adapter the thick one w/wave ring?

Well, considering all the work and $$$$.00 to get my 6.5 diesel fixed I've decided to part it out to help fund the Cummins conversion.

6.5 TD PARTS

Gear drive replaces timing chain DS4

Fluid Damper ‘never needs replacement’ replaces harmonic balancer

Dual Alternator bracket w/idler pulley comes with spare belts, idler and conversion belt if one alt goes out so you can take one off line

Two (2) “GREY” Remote FSD aka: PMD on cooler plates w/extended harness

16 Injectors (8) w/304 nozzles & (8) for spare parts ‘none are cracked’

Real CKO HX40w 18 cm2 turbine housing, 6.5 TD conversion ‘race-day’ parts to include oil feed line, SS braided drain pipe w/fittings and fuel block adapter, HX40 downpipe adapter and choice of ‘race-day’ mechanical waste gate controller or side pressure waste gate controller

3” Flowmaster turbo downpipe

Bosch reduction gear starter 3kw (new but mounted) & one (1) REMI starter used but tests good

Dual thermostat housing, high output water pump ‘spin on fan’, bypass flow restrictor med truck fan clutch and steel fan assembly

Energy Suspension 6.5 TD or 454 motor mounts for 4wd ‘slightly used’

PSC high output P/S pump w/mall parking assist eliminator

Two (2) DS-4 injection pumps ‘one for rebuild the other as core’

Throttle assembly ‘drive by wire’

Heath programmed DTC OBD-2 for 1999 K2500 Suburban equipped w/4L80

Charge Air Cooler aka: intercooler mounts between front chassis rails complete from turbo compressor outlet & back to intake

Prices will be posted in the ‘for sale’ forum

WOuld you be able to get them in for off road use? Like the mini trucks?

This off road only vehicle 'the white one' has been on the market for awhile, it has a very interesting drive-train.

http://www.pinzgauer.com/vehiclelist.php?cat=3

would like to have this one

link> DODGE Power Wagon WC12 1/2 Ton, US$: 5900.00

shfull.php

Back