• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Its lift pump time just have a few ? before I hit the buy button

That's the info I was looking for. Thanks ferm.

I have heard people are starting to go to the fass pumps more now. Any good or bad info on those?

How much fuel does it take for the 4-500 HP range? 90gph, 150gph? I just don't want to pay for more than I need.

500HP takes about 45 gallons per hour of fuel in a DURAMAX. You would need about 100GPH pump though to push the fuel against teh acceleration of the vehicle. FASS and AIRDOG both still have issues, but I have heard FASS is slightly better to deal with. If you can afford it, the FUEL LAB pump is supposed to be top notch. Myself, I just run a single KENNEDY pump, and a generic pre filter with a WIX 30 micron spin on.

Even Fuel Lab's are shitting the bed.

It's a crapshoot on any of them anymore.

I would NOT spend the money on the Fuel Lab, if they are now starting to be as reliable as Fass or Airdog.

If it was me, I'd do a Fass Fuel Pump (with NO Filters / Separators) then DIY my own Filterhead / Filter setup.

Seems the most problems are with the Units that are Pumps / Filters in one. I almost see nobody talk about problems with units that are just Pumps alone.

Also, Fuel Labs harnesses are a joke. They're more universal than vehicle specific, wire gauge isn't considered "big enough" by some, pump will ship separate from harness and the harness will arrive about a month later, Kits missing parts, Yea they use a brushless motor, but it's not flowthrough, so you'll be stuck if it goes out, ect...

I won't use one from them.

FYI, the stock Parker/Racor filter is 4 micron.
If I was to install a LP, I would think about continuing stock or changing to the Cat setup like Jeff (RI) has on his and keep the stock location and maybe have a 30 micron or so at the pump inlet.

I fully agree w/ you BT, 4 micron at the lp is over kill. 30 micron pre lp and stock or cat/nicktane at the engine is a good way to go.

I still have 15 stock ac delco filters to use. W/ 2 dmaxs in my stable they might go faster.

I really like the FASS product but their customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with. As long as you just want real basic info you're good to go but if one of their dealers screws up you're on your own. One of their dealers shipped me the wrong kit and kept promising me they'd send me the correct mount bracket, saying it was backordered. My FASS sat in a box on the shop floor for months and the dealer eventually told me there was nothing they could do. I contacted FASS and asked whether they could help and they as much as told me that I was a lying, thieving cheat. I'd provided copies of the emails, invoices and photos of what I'd received. I've never been treated so rudely. Ever. I still think it's a good product but still shake my head over this experience. We installed FASS systems on all 12 of our trucks that run Alaska and they've held up well but we're in talks with an aircraft fuel firm in Seattle about developing a system for the trucks we're running on the pipeline project. Only 32 trucks right now but if the pipeline project ever gets approved we'll be scrambling for a bunch more. Could all be FASS but they won't be.

I completely understand that things happen and figured there was no reason I couldn't wait a bit for the dealer to work it out. The main lesson is to buy from a know, reputable dealer, like the site sponsors here. I've done so many installations over the years that this is not the first problem I've had by a long shot and I go out of my way to pass the word on great service I receive. About a year ago one of the flex tubes on my S&B cold air intake started cracking next to the hose clamp so I asked them about buying a new one. The rep. said that it shouldn't crack and insisted on sending a new one, free of charge. Same with Edge. I bought a Juice and it worked great for a couple of years and then started giving intermittent problems. I contacted them after doing basic checks and asked whether they'd heard of similar problems. They had me box it up and send it to them and they found a bad crimp on a wire. It came back with a complete new harness, new EGT probe and the latest software updates. Support after the sale makes all the difference to me.

I can get both the Fass and Raptor kits for Dmax.

Raptor has one year warranty
Fass is Lifetime if you send in registration card.
Both are very close in price.
Available without filters. Comes with pump, hoses, fittings, wire harness.

Back