• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Its been fun but.............................

What would happen if you drove that to the USA and forgot to take it home?

You wouldn't be able to register it. This has happened to several other people who have tried to bring cars from overseas here. There is MILES of redtape to go through, EPA approval in many instances to get a tag for it, and many many other headaches fro mthe DOT, OSHA and so on. Unless it is a classic, importing vehicles to the US can be painful to say the least.

You wouldn't be able to register it. This has happened to several other people who have tried to bring cars from overseas here. There is MILES of redtape to go through, EPA approval in many instances to get a tag for it, and many many other headaches fro mthe DOT, OSHA and so on. Unless it is a classic, importing vehicles to the US can be painful to say the least.

It seems to me that if you had a similar vehicle, with a good vin, the right amount of parts swapping you could get away with it. Not so much different than installing a 4BT or similar in any vehicle.

It seems to me that if you had a similar vehicle, with a good vin, the right amount of parts swapping you could get away with it. Not so much different than installing a 4BT or similar in any vehicle.
You can use it for a swap so long as your state doesn't require visual inspection and paperwork of the donor engine(some states are STRICT, think CARB). But to bring in a vehicle from another country and register it here isn't so easy for diesels. Most gassers don't have much trouble so long as it has a cat and such on it(if it is new enough to require it), but diesels are not liked here. I know years back I looked into bringing in a diesel for a swap into my old JEEP, and I started reading about some troubles that others have run into with there local DMV's doing just swaps. So I looked into importing and that was even worse.

We have the Chevy Colorado Z71 in New Caledonia (and the AMAROK too), which is in fact a rebadged Isuzu D-Max, with a 3.0l 4Cyl turbo diesel-engine, 200 BHP, and lots of electronics like any new truck...:rolleyes:
Were supposed to be getting it for 2016. Everybody is making ab ig deal about it like it is an all new design engine and so on and so on, until you point out the international markets have had it for YEARS now badged as the DMAX.

Back