• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It was only a matter of time....

I'd love to but can't take the chance of my 62K truck not having a warranty...... Now if Edge came out with a harness box, well that would be an easy choice :)

Lets hope I won't need that warranty.

Yes James, UREA and the DPF.

I'd love to but can't take the chance of my 62K truck not having a warranty...... Now if Edge came out with a harness box, well that would be an easy choice :)

Inlines are detecteable as well, so that won't help you either. They have these now so that the ECM, TCM ,and BCM all log the engines fuel consumption and torque output. Any change to it is detecteable now with the new software(they can detect them on teh LMM's as well if they do the digging).

Sooner or later, someone will be design software or something to "clear" out the info.
You would think so. No way the private sector lets the EPA and corporate world top their ingenuity for too long. It's the American way and has been, for me, a source of pride in my fellow hotrodders my entire life.

EFILive figured out a way to "clear it out", then that questions how ethical your company is when you bypass parameters that GM put in place just to track tuners. So they decided to remove that feature.

Sooner or later, someone will be design software or something to "clear" out the info.

EFILive figured out a way to "clear it out", then that questions how ethical your company is when you bypass parameters that GM put in place just to track tuners. So they decided to remove that feature.

Yep, EFILIVE made it so that you could make teh CVN what ever you wanted. This though did border on illegal as GM has the rights to the CVN numbers for a tune. The ONLY reason to keep teh CVN the same is to deceive the manufacturers, so I doubt you will see this happening from any of the big name companies. SMARTY was doing this for awhile on teh CUMMINS, but I don't know if they still do or not. And it is more than just teh CVN that GM istracking now as they know this can be manipulated. That is why they switched TCM's in 06 to the newer GEN4 style for teh 6 speed. It's processor is much faster and datalogs peak torque values based off of how it shifts, TAPS, and adaptive values. And to go one step furthur GM went in and put the DIC info all in the BCM in 06, hence why 06+ can no longer correct the DIC. The BCM now ALSO logs peak torque values and fuel used. And if this wasn't enough, the AIRBAG module also has a data recorder in it to keep track of safety inputs, but this has been in place for awhile now. And now that all GM flashes must be done via teh TIS system online, GM has a record they keep of what flash has been done to a vehicle now. Anytime an ECM is reflashed it will log teh CVN number in memory. If the number of flashes doesn't match what GM shows on file, they know it's been tuned. And for those who swap ECM's, the TCM and BCM log milage as well as regen's and driving habits. If the ECM data or ECM and TCM data don't match up they know. And BCM's don't swap so easy as GM is teh ONLY ones who can flash them. Then you look into how many different modules in teh vehicle all reord module ID's to see what is on teh data bus, and milage, there is really no way around the manufacturer catching you anymore.

It's without a doubt one of the smoothest tuners I've ever ran on a truck. I like the display, just right and not to small or big. I can't say I've noticed any MPG gains but it did give it a fair amount of more power. I'm going to be getting a emission delete exhaust and run the hot tune soon then I can comment more. But, for now this is still about all we have for the '11's beside Bullydog.

Back