• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Is Stanadyne that good?

I ran Stanadyne in my '99 6.5TD Tahoe - it had a Stanadyne injection pump, and I never had any problems. It was expensive, hard to obtain, and smelled like skunk musk if you spilled it in the cab - but performed as advertised and protected my IP. When I traded the Tahoe in on the DMax in 2001, I swapped over to FPPF Total Power and have put Total Power into every drop of fuel that's been burned in my DMax. The additive, and the Kennedy Mega Filter mounted post-OEM at 40K miles has to be responsible for continuing to run on my OEM 2001 injectors at 168K miles.

Wow Tom: Pretty good for 2001 original injectors! I have never tried the FPPF Total Power. I may try some and see if I notice any difference.

I have seen FPPF at the Flying J truck stops. I am still in the process of moving to WV and there are no real truck stops around there so I guess I'm going to stick with Power Service for awhile. I have been running a pre-OEM Racor fuel filter with a Filter Mag from Kennedy. I only have 62,000 miles on mine and I hope that I can get another 100K on my original injectors. :thumbsup:

Back