• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IP or not to be?

the IP doesnt need the pump to run ,I have fuel pressure going to the IP,how would the amount of pressure matter?

At 219000mi it is likely that the IP, if original equipment, has given up the ghost - also just as likely that the IP harness, defective from the factory and upgraded in late '96, is problematical - check the Stanadyne label on the IP rear facing the intake plenum - black is '94-'95 oem, blue is later oem - if black with green aluminum tag on top, is upgraded oem - post the numbers on the label if you can see them

Also, not likely that you can feel the FSOL "working" - at 600rpm idle with 4inj per rotation, that would be 40 pulses\sec at only 0.005" travel - would take a stethoscope to get a sense of that operation, and the pumping rollers riding on the camring (four rollers clicking loudly in unison 40 times\sec) would mask the noise, and with the intake manifold off to gain access to the FS, the raw intake pulses (40\sec) and combustion rattle (40\sec) would likely further drown out any functional FS operational noise

Last edited:
I think alot of people confuse the fuel sol with the engine shutoff sol. Two differnt animals. Two different jobs. It used to confuse me, but then most things do.....:D

Back