• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IP or not to be?

rtdhsp

Reaction score
The second day of owning my 6.5td I pinned the tps at 20km till 50km let off and the tps stuck open for 3 secs then surged about 10 times before it died.
the pmd smelled burnt looked burnt.noticed the FUEL SOL fuse was burnt,replaced it and it burnt right away.
plugged in the old pmd no fire but didnt blow the fuse .
pluged in a pmd from buddys truck ,no fire
getting fuel to the bottom of IP but none out the injectors.
Im thinking the pmd took something else with it when it left us?

CODES read 13,22,25,63
13= fuel shut off sol
22,25,63=tps volts hi and low etc.
removed fuel sol,works fine in my hand.
it fired with diesel poured into the intake.
cleared the codes ,removed neg cables 4 times.
did the pdm blow the optic eye? or another sol on the IP?
changed the fuel pump relay also.

13 is why it's not starting. Harness under the manifold could be rubbing. Try wiggling it around then check the fuses again. This happended to me but I didn't have the TPS codes. I was unaware that these trucks even had one. I thought the fuel pedal was sort of that. You may need to pull the intake to properly inspect the harness.

Ive taken the optic eye off to see if the armature is broke ,lil disk is turning.thinking my IP is done. Im getting power to everything on the IP,BUT still no fuel to injectors.ever heard of blowing a PMD and an IP in one shot?

Armature is in the head of the IP, in the middle of the injection lines, not the optic sensor
You found a cooked PMD/FSD have you verified continuity of wires going to it rare they would both go out, in same event. rule out everything else before going to new IP. BTW no TPS on the DS4, those codes are misleading you, how are you pulling them paperclip ???

Armature is in the head of the IP, in the middle of the injection lines, not the optic sensor
You found a cooked PMD/FSD have you verified continuity of wires going to it rare they would both go out, in same event. rule out everything else before going to new IP. BTW no TPS on the DS4, those codes are misleading you, how are you pulling them paperclip ???

Doc,my foot pedal is fly by wire thus a TPS no? Ive checked for continuity all is good.I can feel the fuel solenoid at the back of the IP working. Now Im thinking to go mechanical pump,I know someone that did it he says it works fine but not as good fuel milage(sounds like a small price to pay to loose a handfull of sensors/PMD/solenoids.??

No TPS. The accelerator pedal is sort of the TPS. Probably not your issue. Have you checked ALL the fuses and the harness under the manifold for shorts ? Is it still blowing fuses ?

No TPS. The accelerator pedal is sort of the TPS. Probably not your issue. Have you checked ALL the fuses and the harness under the manifold for shorts ? Is it still blowing fuses ?

its not blowing any fuses since tossing the old PMD.I have checked all wires from the PMD plug back to the big plug on the firewal for continuity.check
would a real obd code reader help since ive cleared the codes and hasnt ran since?

So when you turn the key on you hear the big "Click", WTS, LP running, etc.......and she just cranks?

Just can't believe PMD and IP at the same time.

YES exactly,everything checks out (as far as I can tell). Im starting to believe the IP and the PMD have BOTH gone.

Back