• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Introduction

Della Swails

Retired 34yr Chief Master Sergeant, USAF
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a 1995 Chevy k3500, It only has 109k on it and it is a beast. I could not operate my farm without my truck. It has been giving me a lot of problems lately. I had to replace the injector pump, turbo, and other miscellaneous parts. I have been doing all the work myself. Saved me thousands of dollars. Was running fine and then the fuel pump went out. Fixed that, now the stupid ABS light came in. I cannot catch a break with this thing. Any suggestions for why ABS would come on? I would rather not tear into it if it can be an easy fix. Thanks in advance for any help you can pass along. Della swails

Welcome! I'm not saying it's a bright idea nor am I recommending it, but on several of my past vehicles the ABS would seem to cause premature/sharp braking in the front so I removed the fuse to the ABS and even though the light was always on, the braking evened out.

Now - that also meant that I could lock up the brakes - but it also meant that I never worried about my brakes pulsating.

You can jump pins A and H at the DLC and get the flash codes for the abs. No point of guessing, read the code and diagnose it. There are over 30 different codes that can set. I see ALOT of speed sensor and pump motor issues on those trucks if that helps.

Back