• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

introduction

TractorTruck

Reaction score
I'm a diesel technician....... let me rephrase that. I have been a registered, certified master auto, master truck mechanic since I was 18. I work mostly on tractor trucks, but I really fix anything broken. I drive a 94 chevy P/U with a 6.5 turbo diesel. My truck has 203K on the odometer. Factory original engine and injector pump. Turbonetics 60 series T4 turbo no wastegate. No soot trap, okay... barely legal. And she's so loud when she drives by she sets off car alarms. Leaks oil like a classic Detroit Diesel, but shes quick to work and not shy on the highway. Her last 0-60 was around 14 seconds with 1500 lbs in the bed. I have a Miller in the back of the truck, plus tools and scrap metals.
I like diesel engines over gas. I like playing with the big rigs, and when someone will let me, adding more power to those also. new pics 072.JPG

Welcome. Lots of good people here. I suggest cruising through the stickies for lots of good info.

Welcome, we're glad to have you here!

Welcome to TTS!

It would be a good idea to get the PMD cooler off the IP and into the front bumper between the nostrils. A good extension harness can be found here: http://leroydiesel.com/

Another thing would be to find a K47 air box from a 96 up 6.5, and get rid of the cone filter.

Welcome to TTS!

It would be a good idea to get the PMD cooler off the IP and into the front bumper between the nostrils. A good extension harness can be found here: http://leroydiesel.com/

Another thing would be to find a K47 air box from a 96 up 6.5, and get rid of the cone filter.
I have my FSD/PMD remote mounted already, and that air box won't fit over the 4 inch inducer/inlet on the turbo. This is all I could come up with for now. I'm building a custom plenum/ducting tube for it later. For now the truck has to run. But thank you for the input.

Back