• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intermittent loss of overdrive

Goose57

Reaction score
Hi all, it’s been awhile. Does not happen all the time. No DTC,s Checked trans. pass thru connector,ok (New a year ago). Repaired a wire splice going from brake switch to ECM and replaced brake switch, thought I fixed it but no go. Checked trans.shift solenoids, ohm readings seemed ok.Went ahead and purchased a trans. shift solenoid kit just to have on hand (don’t have any trans. sol. dtc,s?). I though I read somewhere about the trans. TTC sol. bore sleeve wearing and there being a kit to repair it.

All I can think of off hand is the coolant crossover temp switch. If the coolant isn't read as being up to temp, no overdrive. Or maybe it's TCC lockup?

Transgo and sonnax both make a kit to repair worn tcc valves. You need to see if you're losing lockup or if it's going into 3rd gear. You also need to check for codes, and checking your data stream to see what is going on is also important.

Transgo and sonnax both make a kit to repair worn tcc valves. You need to see if you're losing lockup or if it's going into 3rd gear. You also need to check for codes, and checking your data stream to see what is going on is also important.
Thanks T. I think I’ll look into those kits. I checked for DTC,s, I thought I posted that in my first post. I wish I could check the data stream, but no Tech2. I do have the Scan basic software ( but my laptop is down😂).Do you think it will give me enough info to diagnose?🤔

Back