• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Interesting video about leaded fuel

Nice presentation. One surprising element was that given the current date, there was no statement on efforts to eliminate the last use of lead in fuels as it appeared to throw aviation consumers to the wolves. Unless I am missing something, lead in aviation fuels are on track to start phasing out as non-lead substitutes are currently going through the regulatory hoops for approval. And equally as surprising is that there is no mention that some aviation engine types already have approval to use non-lead fuel where owners use automotive gas.

Really is disappointing when a presentation appears to do a great job in walking through the material, and then has a miscue at the end.

it was also interesting where they mentioned the octain rating on diesel and gas, showing how the rating can have varying effects on engine timing and performance.

brings to my mind on how just about every diesel lube additive I have used lowers mpg's where the bottles claim to increase them.

Yeah, none will have all perfect information- they all lead with some kind of narrative.
The lead aviation fuel is because the higher power is needed and they cant risk the breakdowns - truck engine dies and you pull over, plane engine does and you can die.
So they allow the pollution until full solution is in place.

the crime thing- correlation does not equal causation. But i bet higher concentration of the lead in the smog of major cities did attributed to some of it.
Then the repeat social pattern that occurs among a social group has impact. Generation 1&2 ramp up crime and violence, then even if the main factors that caused them to increase it begins to go away - even to 50% ofthe level, many studies show that now subsequent generations will copy that lifestyle for the next three generations at least.
Christian’s take it from the Bible- ...visiting the iniquities of the fathers unto the third and forth generations that hate me...

It struck me-seeing how high school education would always include Chemistry, calculus, advanced literary for generations that went in the early to-mid 50’s. Then i had siblings graduation late 70’s and all core class requirements were down by 1 full level in every area.
the 89-90 when I graduated it was all another level down farther. My Dad born in ‘36 me in ‘71- what his requirements were for a diploma- for me was equivalent to an AA in college on the way to BS degree.

I wonder if some of this was responsible.🤷‍♂️

Yeah where were the lead water pipes? Lead Paint?

Beat around the bush about dating the age of the Earth. No mention of other things like engine valve seat wear that lead slowed down. Or spark plugs...

Now if we would just follow the science ... after all several well paid scientists said "Everything is Just Fine!" 🤪

Back