• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Install of A-Team turbo& Intercooler complete

Towing Test with our Caravan:
Lenght: total 9,2 mtr/Living quarter 7,7mtr
Boggie chassis.
Weight: 1940 kg
Distance with Caravan:175 km
Outside temp: 10-12 degrees Celcius.

I was very exited of how it would perform since this is the first time i tow with the new setup: New Turbo, ATA Cooler, Buddy 3 Banger, K-47 Air filter box.

1: Cruising with the caravan.

In tune pos 1(Economy) it performs nice on flat roads and climbs, but have to use the throttle some in climbs, i see IAT temp at18 degrees C on flat road in 53/mph.

In tune pos 2(Towing) it performs like a dream :). it pulls very well, doesnt struggle at all when climbing or increasing speed on flat roads. I see IAT temps from 32 - 46 Degrees Celcius climbing up to 20-30 degrees roads in about 60/mph. I got boost at 13.84 PSI on my 65% throttle test climbing.Unfortunately there was to much traffic to WOT it long enough on the best climbs, but i am sure it would keep on pulling as long as there is roads.
It was a very pleasant experience, cant wait to tow it again "it just works like a dream" this setup.

2: Empty truck. Tune 3(Max Performance)

Finally i got the chance to test it in a 1km long climb, and all alone, no cars in sight. Started from 60km/h and WOT it 100% :), at 123 km/h still climbing i got IAT at 32 degrees Celcius, 15,36 PSI, 94,5mm fuel. I am very pleased with the temps, both unloaded and loaded.

This beast pulls like :crazy:

Attachments

• 17% Throttle_Cruising_with _Caravan_TUNE-1.pdf
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 29%throttlr_cruising with Caravan_TUNE-2.pdf
    25.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 49% Throttle_cruising with caravan_TUNE-2.pdf
  • 65% Throttle with Caravan_TUNE-2.pdf
  • 100%_Throttle_emty truck_TUNE-3.pdf
    25.6 KB · Views: 5
There are companies ou there (find them on the internet) that will make a custom IC for any application. The cores are usually off the shelf in many different sizes and then you choose where and the inlet and outlet are designed. Just FYI

Back