• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injectors

everyone is saying Bosch if you can find them made in Germany and not from China. but that's another story. @Rockabillyrat or @Will L. might be able to help with this. I do know it is very recommended to have any injector pop tested and balanced to be within 50 PSI of each other when doing them in sets so each cylinder will be balanced. better overall health for your engine.

I got a set from Leroy. They were Bosch made in India.
IDK, it may have been the way I was testing them but all but two were not popping, just squirting.
I sent them to a diesel shop to the east of here and wanted Him to test them and report his findings.
After several weeks I got the injectors back, invoice in the box said test and adjust as necessary.
I then tested them and every one of them was popping at exactly 1950 pounds pressure.
I then called and he said they were all okay. 🤷‍♂️
IDK but I didnt change anything in my procedure from the first time I tested them until I tested them after they got back.
I do know that the engine has a little more clatter than previous.
The shop I used is over in Glendive Montana. The guy used to do work on the 6.5 injectors and pumps for the DOT over here.
He charged $10.00 an injector and I know He had to have done something to them to get them to pop and not leak down or just squirt a flow of fluid.
I would still recommend getting the injectors through Leroy but as stated, no matter where they come from, test, or, have them tested.

Got my last set of Bosch which balanced fine out of the box from Quadstar. Bosch is Bosch and it's really a luck of the draw with the vendors having to deal with what they get from suppliers. Then there's the shysters like the local dealer who sold me rebuilt Bosch borsch that wouldn't pop, if at all, until above 3000 and then, only piss. Like MrMarty51 said, buy 'em, get 'em popped and balanced.

What injectors are the ones I want. The last set I got from Leroy were GM because he was out of bosch. I am seeing those 2 but I have also noticed that DTech / Dipacto is selling rebuilt ones. Which is better?
I'd stay away from DTech.

Maybe call a good rebuilder and see if they still rebuild these.
I used a guy in Michigan. Sent home a set and he sent the back set up perfectly.

I posted up a long time ago.
Somebody else here recommended him way back then. Never know, he could be dead now. I seem to be running into that with people I used to do business with, way to often anymore

Got my last set of Bosch which balanced fine out of the box from Quadstar. Bosch is Bosch and it's really a luck of the draw with the vendors having to deal with what they get from suppliers. Then there's the shysters like the local dealer who sold me rebuilt Bosch borsch that wouldn't pop, if at all, until above 3000 and then, only piss. Like MrMarty51 said, buy 'em, get 'em popped and balanced.
For ten bucks an injector plus postage it is well worth it.
I know Leroy does not test injectors and I dont know about QuadStar, if they do test then I’d have them test any injectors before installing them.
I have a couple sets of injectors that I’m going to send iver the the shop near Me, have them tested and balanced.
I hope they have good spray patterns when He tests them and He dont have to install new nozzles.

I used a guy in Michigan. Sent home a set and he sent the back set up perfectly.

Somebody else here recommended him way back then. Never know, he could be dead now. I seem to be running into that with people I used to do business with, way to often anymore
I think I read that post some time back when I was doing an injector search.
If anyone wants the number for the shop over in Glendive then send me a message through here.

Badger diesel is good as well.Although the last time I inquired he would not ship a set of balanced Bosch injectors to Canada when I asked him a couple years ago.Maybe now he will ship those to Canada but I didn’t bother afterwards.He also sells long body 6.2 Bosch injectors with denso nozzles in them.He claims the denso nozzles produce a better spray pattern than Bosch nozzles.

I have more injectors than I’ll probably use.I have stanadyne injectors (37818) in my 96 gmc that work flawlessly and I have Bosch India purple ring injectors in my 96 Chevy with the 5088 pump.Those are great as well.I do have a complete set of German Bosch in case I need a set down the road.I may never use them but it could be possible.

When I inquired about the 6.5 stanadyne injectors not long ago from a diesel shop I did business with before,he told me there are only 4 injectors found nationwide.They are probably discontinued.Not really sure but it sure seems that way.

Last edited:
I don't know how hard or expensive it is to ship across the northern border, but we need some guys that live near on both sides so they can just drive across and drop them at the post offices there LOL.

It shouldn’t cost any more than $30 to have injectors sent my way from the U.S.Come think of it I bought a brand new DS4 pump from badger back in 2014.He shipped my way back then.I haven’t bought anything else from him other than a spare pmd.

That was Badger Diesel. I had a set done by him. They are installed in the ‘94 K2500. Approaching 60K miles on them and they’re doing fine.

German Bosch have not been available for at least 10 years.

I installed a set of India Bosch from Leroy straight out of the box into my ‘99 K2500 two years ago and they are running fine.

I have the brand "Diesel KIKI" nozzles in my '84 Blazer since about 20+ years ago (retired 12 yrs ago).
I believe they are licensed from Bosch. I know they're made in Japan, 20 yrs ago anyway, , , ,
Never any issues, , , ,
I can remember some of the diesel Kiki injection pumps found on the Nissan diesels come think of it.My father and I installed a 4 cylinder Nissan diesel into an older industrial bobcat for winter snow plowing.

Back