• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

injectors sticking

texasforever91

Reaction score
I have an 06 f250 when my truck is below about 140 degrees in the mornings or when i got to pass someone it's almost like it's not getting enough fuel. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts might be iwas told either injectors sticking or my ficm is going out any ideas?

Ensure filter is clean, check pressure when having the problem. Injector cleaning could be in order, if sticking is suspect I like to run a batch of tranny fluid through it before changing the filter, then swap the fuel filter, followed with some cleaner like 911. Are you getting any codes? Do you use any lubricating additives?

Don't know much about the 6.0, so would totally be guessing at this point. Chances are it is fuel delivery problem , but where?
Have you done any diagnostics on it yet?

Don't know much about the 6.0, so would totally be guessing at this point. Chances are it is fuel delivery problem , but where?
Have you done any diagnostics on it yet?
Usually the high oil pressure pump failing(works the injectors). Apparently a wear item,..located in the valley under the intake, 3000+ dollar dealer bill.
Likely cause HOPP pre filter plugging and failing sending pieces trough the pump by not doing an oil change on recommended 5000 k interval.
Only way of telling pump is failing is by doing a pressure test or wait till.. Found On Road Dead

Usually the high oil pressure pump failing(works the injectors). Apparently a wear item,..located in the valley under the intake, 3000+ dollar dealer bill.
Likely cause HOPP pre filter plugging and failing sending pieces trough the pump by not doing an oil change on recommended 5000 k interval.
Only way of telling pump is failing is by doing a pressure test or wait till.. Found On Road Dead

I've heard that before. I had an 05 F350 6.0 and sold it before I had any problems.

Check the FICM voltage, common failure item. I wouldn't run 15w40, but stick with a good brand, synthetic or dino, can't remember what viscosity, blanking out but something around a 10w30 works great.

Barring that, try the stiction additive, few different company's floating around that actually work.

Im not throwing any trouble codes, when it first started I ran some rev x through it and it seemed to fix it for a few days then it started all over again. Oil has been changed every 3-5000 miles depending on how much I had to pull my camper between. Fresh fuel filter about a month ago. And just changed the oil and filter bout week after that.

I heard of something called the blue spring update for these trucks been told it has helped others with this problem anyone else heard of it?

What's your FICM voltage? What grade of oil?

Blue spring is for fuel pressure, ups it something like 10-15 psi and makes it more stable, it shouldn't fix your problem. Check fuel pressure also.

Doh, thought it said 40 degs, so 15w40 would be fine. :hihi:

I heard of something called the blue spring update for these trucks been told it has helped others with this problem anyone else heard of it?

That is part of why. I said check pressure when having the problem. Dont just change the spring without knowing, that can introduce a whole new set of problems.

Don't start looking for random things to change without doing diagnostic work. There are a few different things that could cause this problem. Since you've already changed the fuel filter, the only logical step to take next is to get fuel pressure readings WHILE it is having the problem.

Back