• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injectors Due

I just bought a pop tester and rebuilt my injectors. It is really not a bunch of fun to play around with. Lots of trial and error. Maybe if one was not on a time crunch, but I always am. For the price that moneyslave sells his brand new bosch injectors for, it is well worth it. Remember, cost of pop tester 180, shims 50, new nozzles 113, crush washers/heat washer 30. Not to mention, you have to find a place that sells the washers. If you are going to build a bunch of injectors, it is well worth getting into, but if you are just doing it once, forget it. I have buyers remorse. I am not going to build a bunch of injectors up.

Do yourself a favor, and save up for the rebuilt's that are pre pop tested, and get an install kit, and do them your self. While in there, you can clean All grounds,, maybe remove filter bowl, and clean out the crud at the bottom. check/replace fuel line that goes from FM to the ip, while your in there, incase it's rotted out and letting air in, maybe causing the fish bite. Can of sea foam, run in a 1/2 tank of fuel It can wait another 5000 miles,,, it won't hurt anything. Don't be in such a rush to spend/fix until proper diag has been done and all the free stuff has been tried.

Back