• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injectors....again and again

The injector issues are largely limited to the LB7?

Any issues common to the LLY other than overheaters?

The injector issue is an LB7 issue no doubt, the LLY had the harness issue as stated above, and of course the overheating issues, I seem to read more issues with the LLY turbos but it is still not comon. I know while puttin tunes in them they seem to hate any additional HP with FPRV work, most seem to need a shim kit to make more power. LB7 and LBZ do not seem to need this done as comonly. Other than that they are good to go.

Sfc Cobb,

That sounds like my truck minus the noise but it pours coal on the stock tune just cruising and it smokes at idle and smells like raw diesel when I shut it off and get out.

The dealer said the injectors are fine they are saying head gasket or boost leak. I am going to go get the truck tomorow and replace them myself

Original owner does not apply. The year and mileage on the truck is all that matters. Atleast in my nek of the woods they don't care if you are the 10th owner of the truck as long as te year and mileage are within perameters

Original owner does not apply. The year and mileage on the truck is all that matters. Atleast in my nek of the woods they don't care if you are the 10th owner of the truck as long as te year and mileage are within perameters

yeah i wrote it wrong. i meant it was the date of sale from the original owner. not when the most recent poor bastard got the truck:D. thanks for clarifying for the masses.

I haven't driven my truck since I got it out of the shop. I was in the hospital and in recovery but my son says all is OK. They replaced all the injectors and cut a bunch on parts and labor. Thank God for that.

no, usually a 1 yr parts and labor. the 7 yr is from the date of sale of the vehicle. original owner.

sorry to hijack a little, but would the dealer cover an injector change, if they did one under GM'S warantee, less than one year ago, but somehow failed to replace all 8? im thinking mine are going south, yet again, and dont feel like spending another $90 for them to tell me this, and get nothing. end date of 7/200 was 3/31/09. i know they didnt, because when i did my head gaskets, all the injectors were not the same. different color, and markings/numbers/letters on the sides of them.:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Back