• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I'm starting to get adventurous

I didnt understand it either. I'm not worried anymore either. I no longer do any highway driving so my mileage is trash anyways.

You want help with it Grady?

I removed my cat 2 weeks ago and I wish I would of when I purchased the truck.

It sounds so much better. I can't comment on MPG yet as I'm running the race tune..:D

Received the goods this afternoon- our receptionist gave me that "Now WTF did you buy???" look as she pointed to the 6 foot long box. :D

Holy hell that thing's big (and heavy). Going to give it a good coat or 3 of hi-temp black paint before the installation just for good measure.

Received the goods this afternoon- our receptionist gave me that "Now WTF did you buy???" look as she pointed to the 6 foot long box. :D

Holy hell that thing's big (and heavy). Going to give it a good coat or 3 of hi-temp black paint before the installation just for good measure.

The UPS man is always giving me that look as he's dragging my boxes in... :D

I couldn't take it anymore and installed the pipe tonight.

All I can say is that I wish I had done this a long time ago. Definitely more responsive, not loud at all but it sounds really good. I was kind of skeptical at first, but the difference in acceleration is noticable, and it seems to cruise at 55-60 with less effort than before. Get on it and there's a nice throaty rush, however it does have that vacuum cleaner hiss at idle though. You can really hear the turbo wind up from the exhaust now also.

Degree of difficulty? I'm thinking it was pretty painless if you did it in an evening and went for a ride.

On a scale of 1-10? 2.
It wouldn't even rank on that scale if you were doing the whole thing at once. Rip it all out and start from the front- one hour tops. I already had that MBRP 4" cat-back in place and it was a PITA to deal with all the clamped joints that were hermetically bonded together because you have to be able to push the cat-back system back far enough to slip the front pipe into place.

Oh, and a deep well socket is a must to get the stupid clamp off of the front pipe otherwise you'll be there for 3 days turning it 1/16th turn at a time with a wrench.

I've got every socket and ratchet you could think of ... in multiples.
A man cannot have too many tools...:nono:
You can never have enough buildings.
and
There's no such thing as too much horsepower.

At least that's what I always tell my wife.

It's too early to tell for sure, but indications are that mileage has improved. Usually I'll get 110-120 miles to the fist 1/4 tank and as of this morning it read 146 and was just a hair above 1/4 when I got to work. We'll see when I fill up this weekend.

I've got every socket and ratchet you could think of ... in multiples.
A man cannot have too many tools...:nono:
You can never have enough buildings.
and
There's no such thing as too much horsepower.

At least that's what I always tell my wife.

Oh how True these statements are!
:thumbsup:

16.2 mpg average last tank. (that's low because my speedo is low with the 265's)

Normally it's in the 15.6-15.8 range according to the mileage on the trip odo. I'd say the pipe made a difference, and man does it sound good now.

Back