• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I'm back, Dahoooley may ride again

Missy Good Wench

Wild Blonde from Cloud Mt
Reaction score
My health issues took me out for the past two years, ruined my trucking business, and loused up my plans for a buttload of personal projects.

Finally getting back to doing a few things, and with some help this includes getting the 95 Dahooooley back together.

The new AMG block with AMG heads, refurbished stock rods, good cam, new lifters, Scat crank is all ready to go back into the rig.

Truck all steamed off and ready too.

Sometime in the next few days I hope to have some good help so the project can come to a close.

Will try and keep things updated for Y'all

Missy

Welcome back to our friend Robyn! Great to hear from you.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Its great to hear your health is getting better. I haven't been around here very long, but I sure read alot of your posts, and tech tips on the 6.5 during my project. http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?42774-Poor-Boy-Special-6-5-Refresh
Your info was very valuable to me during my rebuild, and I'd like to say thanks. :thumbsup: I look forward to seeing project Dahooooley back under construction!

Matt

Welcome Back Robyn. Hope to hear more from you and best wishes on your health and bringing back the Dahooooley.

Sorry to hear about the losses, but it seems you're in good spirits. I can't wait to see Dahooley get back together!

Always good to hear/read what MGW has to say. As others have said, very good to hear from you. These ol hunks of iron will wait on us mortals to get our crap together, and that you are DOING! Once again, good to hear from you. :thumbsup:

You have been missed for sure. Glad to see you are still on the right side of the grass!

Yesssss, the top side of the grass :hello:

Thanks so much.

The long struggle has not been without its moments, for sure.

I officially retired from trucking after the strokes, but that in and of itself was just the right thing to do.

I do drive the car and the Blazer a bit, but usually let Patty do the driving.

I am sure looking forward to getting the Pickup back amongst the living, and after 4 years, the first test drive will be like driving a strange truck for sure.

Just tidying up some last minute loose ends with different things on the rig, as I don't want to be having to run around getting stuff at the last minute during the install.

Went over the engine yesterday, checking everything to be sure nothing is left half baked.

Just need to get the sucker off the stand, bolt the flex plate on and stuff it in.

I have no idea what 4 years of sitting will have done to things, but we shall see.

I have never let an electronic tranny sit unused this long, plus all the electronics as well.

A crap shoot me thinks

Missy

Welcome back Missy! I've done a couple of build and sit till needed. Just put that fancy oil primer to use, and 1/2 a teaspoon of oil down each cylinder and hand crank a couple revolutions. The trans...idk

The converter will be drained out for sure. Now is the time to do a pan drop oil change on it as you will get a lot of oil out. It will take a bit to get the air out of the converter if you do - learned the hard way.

If you don't change the trans oil it will need to sit running, go through the R and D shifts a couple times and check the level. Go around the block and check the level again. I went around the block a lot and added like 2 gal of oil to the trans before I was done filling it after a pan drop on a trans that sat a couple years.

Tranny had the pan down shortly before the engine went caput.
System was flushed and new shift valves were installed then too.

Fluid should be fine

Yeah, the RNODD21 THING TO CLEAR THE AIR.

Glad to hear Missy is back with us again!!! I can relate to the health issues putting a hold on a lot of things, my Heart Attacks and surgeries late last year made me take a 4 month "vacation". Please take it easy and work back up to it and you'll be motivating before you know it!!
Don

Back