• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ignition

Stoney

Reaction score
I noticed last night when it was dark in the truck. When I went to start it, where the ignition goes into the side of the console you can see Sparks. Any ideas?? I replaced it a while back when I lost the key but the one that's in it came from Auto crap zone so not sure if that could be causing any problems with the electrical system or what all the ignition switch does...1612898463163102213538.jpg

The only electrical stuff you would have there is the security system. If it messes up your truck would fire then die and the security light in the dash should be on. Alot of people have it disabled in the PCM when they do a tune.

Other than that, coming from the multi function turn signal switch. It has hazards, wipers, cruise all as one piece unit.

I know the hazard part would malfunction and stick half way sometimes. Never saw sparks.
Idk if I would want to drive it without opening up to look at it or just drive till it blows a fuse somewhere. If option 2, get a dang fire extinguisher in the seat next to you!
Be ready to disconnect battery ground cables super quick.

Horn?

I don't know much about security system..I know we yanked a bunch of crap out under the dash that was to the security system but think we found a fuse that was for it and pulled it..but don't remember..is there something I should do to complete disable it? I was thinking that it being from autozone it might be defective some how and messing up the truck..I've had alot of problems with the headlight controls, heater controls, and turn signal control stick that has all the stuff on it.. I think there's probably alot of electrical issues that need to be addressed just not sure how to do it cause don't know slot of electrical stuff.

There is a control module behind the dash under the radio. Pretty tough to get to so I doubt it was pulled, it also controls the EVO steering. It sends a signal to the PCM to let it know it's okay to keep the engine running. Possible the fuse was pulled but it don't know what else is on it.

So there's nothing actually electric in there that can malfunction? Maybe ak is right and it's just static..being a duralast ignition I figured I'd double check.. didn't know if it could be shorting in there and causing some of the other electrical problems...

Back