• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ideas?

iviper123

Recruit
Reaction score
i am trying to disconect my ac lines from my condenser but with no luck i have used a lot of force on the connectors but they wont budge am i missing anything?

The aluminum and steel are quick to freeze together. Unfortunately it is rather common for this to happen and it normallt results in replacing the lines and condenser. I used a little heat to get one of mine apart, but the other just took the threads right off of the aluminum threads of the condenser.

Make sure after spraying it down with penetrating lube, you use two wrenches (they have a term for it but I can never remember what it's called). Basically, put the two wrenches on the nuts so that squeezing the handles together(like pliers) will move the nuts in the right direction. You get incredible torque using this method, you won't twist any fittings off or damage lines and/or components and when it does break loose your wrench won't damage anything.....especially your knuckles! You still have the chance of ripping the threads off as mentioned above - not much you can do about that. I put anti-seize on my threads when reinstalling.

Good luck.
Smitty

You can also use seafoam. It is a little better then the blaster. Also if you have a small tourch heat the lines up pretty good and wait 15 sec n try to loosen them with the 2 wrench idea in the post before.... good luck...

thabks, im trying to save my parts especially the condenser(most expensive part lol)

You must not have priced the compressor yet....:D

I paid $140.00 for my condenser and $240.00 (IIRC) for the compressor.
If your condenser is in bad shape I would replace it. Mine probably only had 20-30 % air flow through it.
Now when idling, I can make my nipples turn blue! - none of that crappy 50 degree duct temp anymore.

Back