• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I think I found the right place!

razur65

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my truck is an ongoing project since 2012. Been fixing up and improving as I go because just can't justify replacing it and getting into a big payment. I want to retire in 2030, not make my last truck payment!
I typically only use it for towing, small stock trailer, 20' gooseneck flatbed, and recently 30' fifth wheel. So now I'm at the point of looking for more towing power, plus reliability and fuel mileage for long haul. I want to make a couple long trips, Carolina coastline and out to Wyoming with camper so looking to improve the power plant.
I was thinking about the typical Cummins conversion until I found this site, so many different projects on here have changed my mind on the conversion. You guys all deserve huge credit for the things you've done and innovations you've all come up with!

Welcome razur. We are glad to have you here. This place is full of awesome knowledgeable threads and members. If you can think of an upgrade or something somebody might have tried on their trucks, it’s probably in a thread somewhere around here. Any questions don’t hesitate to ask. This is a real nice crew of people.

Welcome Razur! Sounds to me like you need to get an ATT turbo and matching Kojo tune. More power, AND more mpg.
http://leroydiesel.com/products/a-team-turbo/

If you are towing that as the weight with it most of the time you use it, I am guessing it is not a 10 mile trip-Haha.

With proper sized turbo instead of the one we all have that the Honda guys buy for their 4 cylinder (yes for real), I would go to
The p400 before cummins (and I like the cummins) I just gave up An opportunity to have a cummins 6bt with allison tranny that had less than 11,400 miles on them. My net cost would have been about $6000.

Last edited:
Welcome and you have found the right place. Great group of people here that does not try to act high on the horse or better than others, like some other forums.

Cummins are more expensive to fix. <-- And that's a period. I could buy 2-3 6.5 trucks for what I have in mine and it just s#it the HPCR injectors. (One 6.5 pickup or SUV in cost Please. $5000.00) However the mild builds start out at near max HP/TQ you can hope for out of a 6.5.

The Asthma Attack turbo is detailed here and I overcome the lack of boost below 2000 RPM via a Yank stall converter. I know you could leave 4 symmetrical rubber marks with a stall and good turbo. I go through tires quickly... Your cooling system is the 1st thing to upgrade and clean out the mat behind the oil cooler...

Back