• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

i think i blew me a head gasket

Actually it is.
They are like the energizer bunny and keep going...and going..and going...and..going.
Many thousands are used in industrial and Ag equipmentof all kinds.

Tell that to the Brother in law that has blown up dodge in his driveway. His latest service truck is a 6.5.

The big cummins you have a point, no so much for the mini cummins.

Actually it is.
They are like the energizer bunny and keep going...and going..and going...and..going.

you have a point, they are durable and easy to fit in an industrial application. My buddy that maintains industrial engines and drives 2 cummins trucks believes in truck applications the engines are only good for 200k before needing rebuilt (compression tests confirm this) and the industrial app engines have the same rep.

We had 2 tractors with 5.9's and both needed a full overhaul by 4k hrs.

The best part of a cummins is the blocks are usually in good shape for multiple overhauls.

I will agree that Cummins engines are very durable. Ive seen KDP and a blown head gasket in friends Cummins. Around here you can find a 6.5 rig in good shape for around $3-4K. A similar dodge will run you $7-9K. My brother was looking at a 95' 2500, his friend wanted $5K for it. Rockers were rotted, cab corners had holes, non-working A/C, chevy bumper on the back and the paint was peeling.

I have been in a 98' 24v with a monster programmer and it did scream!

Actually it is.

15 years ago I would give that one to you, today is a different story IMO. There isn't many more if anymore late model CUMMINS engines in pickups going a million miles than there is DURAMAX or powerstrokes. When they were 160HP that was one thing, but now that they are pushing 350 it has changed the game a bit(and lagging behind in the HP department to boot, even on the future planned models). I gues it is sort of like how many still swear that imports are the best and the domestics are crap.

I'd be all over a truck like that. Perfect candidate for a 3.42 rear and att, but I found my 93 crew cab the other day. No more stalls in my stable.

Back