• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I love junkyards!

Pillow

Recruit
Reaction score
Now that the snow is finally melting, I can get back on some Suburban repairs!

I went out to the local junkyard which has 2 CK series Suburbans and picked a little. I got some reflectors for the doors, a drivers window, misc brake lines (to remove the ABS), driver inner door handle, rear ext door handle, pocket of MAXI fuses, and a power window regulator... All for $60!

Muddy - Yes.
Cold -Yes.
Getting dirty at the junkyard - Priceless. :)

Sounds like a good deal. They get $50 around here for just the window. Very hard to find one that the roller track isn't rotted to hell. The local junkyard here found a place to make new tracks and glues them on. Best thing is to spray them with lubriplate os something similar to keep from rotting.

Planing any more trips? I need a pass side windsheild wiper squiter. The center on mine must of blew out. It don't spray anymore,,, it dribbles, :(

I love junkyards :D Got my New Holland motor and the front axle for the SFA swap from the same one!

I love just going in there and raiding the cars. Even just 30 bucks I can net myself a nice collection. Next objective is to find an overhead console.

Now that the snow is finally melting, I can get back on some Suburban repairs!

I went out to the local junkyard which has 2 CK series Suburbans and picked a little. I got some reflectors for the doors, a drivers window, misc brake lines (to remove the ABS), driver inner door handle, rear ext door handle, pocket of MAXI fuses, and a power window regulator... All for $60!

Muddy - Yes.
Cold -Yes.
Getting dirty at the junkyard - Priceless. :)

Hey while you are boneyard diving be on lookout for Diesel PCMs, they are getting harder to find, I know a couple of folks looking for them.

it is getting harder to find one that you can walk through anymore tho. most of them around where im at are all computer operated. you have to stay out front and they go pick your parts. i shouldve grown up in the 50's.

Blue):h like the outside... and inside of my truck

Hey, you could have had a gray interior to go with that blue exterior.:D

I know for a fact there is a blue overhead console in a Suburban at my roommate's (07HDClassic) dad's junkyard. I will forward him this thread if you like. I know one of the doors on the console, I think the garage opener one, was off the console but in the vehicle. I didn't look closely to see if it was broken.

I wouldn't mind that Devin thanks. Though he may have to wait a few weeks. I'm a bit on the lower side with funds because of the new wheels, tires, rear leaf springs and finish ups on the front axle.

I can't wait till the next nice day around Jersey. First thing I'm doing is hitting the junkyard :D

The regulator channel rotted out on my window! Weirdest thing I have ever seen go wrong on a truck.

I will keep a lookout for PCMs, everything C/K in this yard was gassers.

Both parts Burbs had tan/brown interiors if someone needs something. Granted some of the parts were nasty.

Next time I go by I can swipe the windshield wiper tip, granted it might be a while by the time I get back over that way.

Pillow, what junkyard are you going to? I used to live in Front Royal and worked in Gainesville. You may be going to a familiar place for me. BTW, have you ever got a haircut at Lee's barber shop?

I like sifting through the commercial vehicles, trucks and busses. Always weird,cool aftermarket stuff I find there...

Back