• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I hope the 6.5L fleet does not revolt....

got it done, finally came apart, one t-stat stuck to the cover. gets up to normal temp now.

Also, will unhooking the batteries cause phantom codes? have a whole slug of them after hooking it back up, sat unhooked for a couple days.

Cleared them out and will see what comes back.

I don't remember having any codes set when I did the water pump and t-stats fall 2015

alternator also died before the job, so maybe there was a low voltage code getting it home? Guage sat around 12V the whole time and still had enough to start. Could that have set some codes that stayed stored? I would have thought that unhooking would have wiped those though.

2 codes were for glow plugs. If the codes return, what is the best course of action?

I assume start hosing down with PB blaster now and plan on all 8? how hard are they to do?

Glow plugs aren't bad to do provided they aren't crusted in. Most just do the bad plugs, but many have found the rest normally die within a year of the 1st one failing.

I do whatever side has a bad plug. All 4. Just did the left bank a few weeks ago. I've never had trouble with the plugs themselves coming out but the end connector studs like to snap off. Don't lose the nut. New replacements for LBZ are 9G now instead of 61G.

Back