• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I have a 94 Chevy 6.5 l I just put another injector pump on

Bobby's55!

Reaction score
I have a 94 6.5 turbo diesel just change injector pump still not getting any fuel to the injector I checked the PDM put it on my other truck fire right up that's not the problem can somebody please tell me what I can do or give me some pointers or something

Pull the glow pugs and loosen the injector lines and see if you can get fuel to the injectors doing that. With the glow plugs removed the engine spins easier and faster saving your starter, plus the cylinder doesn't build much pressure so the fuel isn't struggling to push the air through

Do you have an extension harness on the PMD? If so check it , i had one with bad crimp one wire, one end gave me fits

You need to put 12V direct to the Lift Pump and let it run continously while cranking.
With that, you need 2 batteries in tip top shape fully charged.

It will take a while to crank, do the tip suggested above.
If everything is good and you did not mess up the install, it should start after cranking for a few minutes.
Make sure you paused for starter to cool down.

Pull the glow pugs and loosen the injector lines and see if you can get fuel to the injectors doing that. With the glow plugs removed the engine spins easier and faster saving your starter, plus the cylinder doesn't build much pressure so the fuel isn't struggling to push the air through
Thank you I will try that today

I did just that and it fire right up thank you for the advice you really know what you are talking about really right on it .

Back