• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I found the noise and think i found the oil pressure drop

jmiller

Recruit
Reaction score
Got the engine pulled finally!

Upside down and took the main caps loose.

Two broken bolts and center three main bosses are cracked.

It looks like the center one might have gotten the oil gallery, I can't tell for sure.

Bambi doesn't get all the blame, this time.

That's your engine with ceramic coated pistons?

Yep, 213000 on the clock, 45 K since the 6.2/6.5 repower. Who know's how many hours were on the 6.2 block.

But the salt and the bambi damage leave the body in rough shape.

I have to admit, I'm not very easy on vehicles.

213,000 on the clock is pretty respectable. Sorry for you loss....
I hope whatever route you decide, it works out for you.

My OE engine only got 150K. We will see how far the replacement goes.

...did look at a 04 6.0 PS, the price looked good but that opens a new can of worms @ 214,000, injectors, oil cooler / egr / headgasket . . . . .
:eek: Yikes! And she thought you spent too much on the 6.5. That's NOTHING compared to a Powerjoke...

Don't rule out the GM 6.0 gasser HDs. Pretty good replacements if a diesel isn't in the budget.

I'd rather pull my truck around like a mule than own a 6.0 power joke. They are nothing but money pits.

Post a pic of the truck. I bet mine still wins the ugly contest with several shades of paint and surface rust, and there isn't an non-dented panel on the thing including the top of the cab. I would have and may likely be solving the same problem on mine by just dropping in Mystik® Synthetic Blend 15w-50. That brought the oil pressure up enough to ignore it for awhile. I know my mains have cracks in at least two. We will see how long she goes.

Vanity isn't something I am worried about. The pink slip and a cheap $2000 engine swap is way easier than a truck payment. Although the parts store loves seeing me.

:suicide: Warwagon who never pulls a 6.5/6.2 that is firing on all 8. (Except to get a worm clamp back and replace bent valves...)

Yeah, if its a goner anyways, just run it till she dies then tape the title to the windshield if the parts sales isnt worth the money and time.

Wow, wonder when mine will do that, :(

How much for the pistons, :agreed:

Nothing wrong with a fixed 6.0L, best part is, you can get them cheap, do the repairs and never worry about it again. I'd love a 6.0L, I know, bite my tonque but don't have any cash, :mad2:

Back