• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I Did It, I Bought A Danville 68MM :)

The install was VERY VERY GAY i diden't enjoy it. Every bolt had to have the casting heated to get them to break loose and they were hard to get to. especially the up pipe bolts. The turbos are heavy lifting in and out ( i thought about using the over head crane). took me 7 hours to remove the stock one and 3 hours to install the new one including changing my block heater. i now know why guys say to change the turbo when the trans is out.

That thing sounds wicked...!

You driven it yet?

Who tuned it, yourself or someone else?

yup i drive it to work. Mark broviak at danville built me tunes for the DSP5. He did a great job. Truck runs better then it ever has

I've heard good things about Marks tuning. Sounds great!

What's it sound like in the cab?

Outside, whine is ok. Kinda fun to watch people stare sometimes.

Inside, I (personally) don't want to hear it...Like when my gm8 hits it's "resonance" and whistles in the cab, I have to change my throttle position to get rid of it toute suite!

Drives me bloody nuts.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that's different... People are gonna be looking up to see the plane about to crash as you drive by.
I'd love to see a vid on the road. Hint, hint...

Whew, that's a lot of whine too much for me unless it performs wicked good I couldn't tolerate that much noise. Now if you could use a deep tone muffler to lower pitch that might make it sound ok.

To each his own I like the sound of it spooling down better than up.

I hear ya I like to wrench some but when its aggrivating not so much.

I would have to turn the vane position WAY down at idle as that turbo whistle at idle would drive me NUCKING FUTS! Looks like it's pretty responsive though.

Did you buy the Turbo Straight Up or Send yours in to be Worked?

I don't See the Option on Danville's Site to buy the Turbo itself. They all say they are Reman's.

What's it sound like in the cab?

Outside, whine is ok. Kinda fun to watch people stare sometimes.

Inside, I (personally) don't want to hear it...Like when my gm8 hits it's "resonance" and whistles in the cab, I have to change my throttle position to get rid of it toute suite!

Drives me bloody nuts.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sound in the cab isent to bad. U can defiantly hear it driving though. I plan on adding an aluminum intake pipe. then building my own egr delete pipe. I have a set of LB7 up pipes sitting in the shop i was gonna use on my 6.5 project but want to toss em on the welding truck instead since they dont have the egr cast into them. Hopefully all that will get me the most whistle i can :hihi:

Did you buy the Turbo Straight Up or Send yours in to be Worked?

I don't See the Option on Danville's Site to buy the Turbo itself. They all say they are Reman's.

U can buy the turbo directly from danville. they want you to send in the core since the LLY cargers are getting hard to find these days is how mark put it. and yes i bought it straight up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulq6mjhQi1U&feature=youtu.be

I snapped a quick video of a cold start. I will get one driving soon. I had to pull a trailer to site today i dident wanna be makin videos on the phone. At high idle when cold u should pretty much be wearin ear plugs with in 10 feet of exhaust pipe. The peformance of this turbo is night and day i recommend it to anyone who wants one for towing and improved peformance all around. I was in the race tune crusing down the highway to see if my fuel economy changed much from the tow tune and i stopped to turn onto a different highway completly forgetting i was on the race one. accelerating half throttle it threw me back in the seat along with most of my tools on the skid re arrenged. Wouldent suprise me if its a 500RWHP on that one. its a little slower on building boost but once your spooled better hold on.

Back