• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I can not find the part number for the rubber grommet that holds the CDR to the valve

I'm going to order one for each vehicle. Thanks for the link. Dealer wanted over $5 each with a minimum order of 5

About $13 shipping for 5 of them. Anybody want to do a group buy? I can order about $30 worth before I get to the same amount as I was going to pay at the dealer. If you trust the mail I will mail them for the cost divided plus a few cents for the envelope and stamp

I'm going to order one for each vehicle. Thanks for the link. Dealer wanted over $5 each with a minimum order of 5

About $13 shipping for 5 of them. Anybody want to do a group buy? I can order about $30 worth before I get to the same amount as I was going to pay at the dealer. If you trust the mail I will mail them for the cost divided plus a few cents for the envelope and stamp

Jeff, I can get 2 from you. Just let me know.
Mine is probably almost gone bad by now.

OK, So far I will order 7. I will wait til morning to order if anybody else wants some.

When I checked, to order one was $12 shipping or so and to order 5 was about $13 shipping.

Dam 0.73 cents cant bet that!! I mite get an extra one before they figure it out.

http://www.peninsulardiesel.com/WP-PENTEST/?page_id=589&category=10&product_id=160

1 is $9.49 shipping
10 is $12.49 shipping

I would call them on the phone and ask them if they could mail it in an envelope with .80 cents postage on it and pay by phone...

on edit: if any of you end up having to buy only one, try this place and make sure you select post office for shipping(n/c for only one) and will only cost you $5.43

http://www.bluehummer.com/oemparts9.html

6500431 Grommet, CDR Valve $5.11 Remove
Calculate Shipping Price
Please choose a country below to calculate your shipping costs

UPS- CHOOSE A SHIPPING RATE
Ground $13.60
3 Day Select $18.39
2nd Day Air $22.59
Next Day Air Saver $35.53
Next Day Air $42.51
Next Day Air Early AM $77.69
Tax $0.31
Total Price $19.02

19.02 divided by 7 = 2.72 each + .80 shipping - based on Pep's mailing guestimation - may be more - probably less = $3.52 each for an order of 7. If anybody can do better I would order from them.

Why did Pep get better shipping prices than I did?

6500431 Grommet, CDR Valve $8.76 Remove
Calculate Shipping Price
Please choose a country below to calculate your shipping costs

UPS- CHOOSE A SHIPPING RATE
Ground $14.79
3 Day Select $21.96
2nd Day Air $26.67
Next Day Air Saver $41.48
Next Day Air $48.75
Next Day Air Early AM $83.93
Tax $0.53
Total Price $24.08

The price would go down about 70 cents each with an order on 12.

Also if anybody wants to order - I will only charge shipping costs. I'm sure I can mail 2 or 3 for about the same price as one.

UPS rates are based on zip codes ...to and from...obviously the further it has to travel, or maybe even location of a major UPS hub nearby may play a part in pricing as well...

Like I said...I would call Peninsular directly and ask if they could just charge you the price of a postage stamp, as $9 to ship something that only needs to be mailed @ 80cents is ridiculous...and make sure you tell them that.

You ordered these items:

- 8 6500431 Grommet, CDR Valve $5.84
Your Purchase No.: 495

Total Shipping: $13.89

Total: $19.73

divided by 8 = $2.47 each + 80 cents shipping = $3.17 each or less

I didn't know so many would wont a grommet, the link I gave is in driving distance of me, I could have picked them up and sent them to everyone cheap.... but you have it covered now.... maybe next time

Umm 8 grommets ???? for CDR that is a lot of bad grommets out there ?

Now that I think of it I'll check my (2) 98s to see if bad/hardened beyond service life,

Maybe if there is a need we could get one of our regular vendors to buy some and stock them +$9 ship & handling is some serious coin for a hunk of rubber that cost maybe .25 to manufacture.

$3.17 each still sounds high. But I'm good to go now, with one for each vehicle and one extra if anybody wants it for the $3.17 or whatever it will actually figure out to.

I'll post up when I receive them. It's still cheaper for 8 than it would have been for 5 from the dealer

I have received the grommets already. I couldn't believe that was what the UPS man had for me.

I'll send them out as soon as everybody sends me there addresses. I'll try to clear some PM space

They are quick with shipping I have gotten a lot of bolts, odds and ends for my build from them. Glad it worked out 4 you.

Back