• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I* am looking for a 6.5 diesel engine for our 1998 K2500 Suburban I am not sure what

I have a good short block and heads. Rocker arms. Everything to build a long block. You'll need gaskets head bolts. I checked the block over and didn't see anything wrong with it. It's in my garage. It's out of a 96 or 97 Chevy. Has about 50000 miles on its rebuild. I would see you everything to make a long block for $600. You'll need your own turbo, exhaust manifolds (I do have a pair if you need them.), and injection pump.

I currently have an engine with 98,000 miles or so on it on the wait. Needs an injection pump. Is anybody traveling towards Illinois from South Carolina?

Unless I find an unbelievable bargain closer, I will be heading that direction when I get done working on my daughter's bathrooms.

I have a good short block and heads. Rocker arms. Everything to build a long block. You'll need gaskets head bolts. I checked the block over and didn't see anything wrong with it. It's in my garage. It's out of a 96 or 97 Chevy. Has about 50000 miles on its rebuild. I would see you everything to make a long block for $600. You'll need your own turbo, exhaust manifolds (I do have a pair if you need them.), and injection pump.

I wonder what shipping would be on something like that?

source unknown

I would deliver it or meet up with someone. I use to live in fayetteville AR and would like to go down and visit. IL ild make a over night trip with my family. I have enough to build 3 long blocks. I also have a good 93 motor that I want to keep as a spare for one of my 3 trucks. I would make someone a deal to get the three engine gone. So I have room in the garage for other projects or items.

I would deliver it or meet up with someone. I use to live in fayetteville AR and would like to go down and visit. IL ild make a over night trip with my family. I have enough to build 3 long blocks. I also have a good 93 motor that I want to keep as a spare for one of my 3 trucks. I would make someone a deal to get the three engine gone. So I have room in the garage for other projects or items.

If you were to bring it to me it's about a 14hr drive here.

source unknown

I might be going to Raleigh NC the week of May 5th. I can let you know if we can work out how to get the engine and I can meet you on 294 in Chicago on my way home to WI.

I wonder what shipping would be on something like that?

Check with Brooklyn Tow as he had one shipped from DC to NY last Fall. Something is telling me that one way shipping is very price comparable to two way driving; bonus is somebody else does the driving :)

Oh, wait, I just had a long block shipped from Peninsular to me and IIRC it was in the mid $300's.

That'd be great. I will meet you any where. What route will you be bringing back? I am south of Chicago about 90 miles and not to far from the Indiana border

I might be going to Raleigh NC the week of May 5th. I can let you know if we can work out how to get the engine and I can meet you on 294 in Chicago on my way home to WI.

Where is a good place to get an injection pump tested? I need to have the pump off the 1998 Suburban tested before I install it on the new/used engine

Testing is expensive.

Was it giving you any trouble or codes specific to the IP and not a PMD on the last engine? Yes, - just get a reman etc. and save the pump test fees. No, save the test fees and run it. If it gives you trouble, again, get a reman w/o testing it. This is assuming you test the fuel system for air and check electronics out. It will only cost an afternoon to swap IPs out.

I screwed up. I forgot my son is also looking for an engine. His block got broke by a mechanic that did not put the starter brace back on when he changed the starter. The shop did not stand behind there work. They broke the block the first time they hit the key. Even before Josh cam to pick up the truck. Then they put him off about picking the truck up, trying to buy time to figure out how they could hide it from him. He got lawyer and I haven't heard the results. IIRC he had under 140,000 miles on that truck

Is anybody else heading this way from South Carolina?

I have a 98 with 125k runs great still in the truck. $2000 the truck is rotted. It's in NH.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I have one good engine here now. Not sure how much time I will have available to work on things in the near future. I don't want to get anything extra piled up that will have to be dealt with later.

I have a 6.5 with 98,000 onit m. I bought it for the pump so everything comes with it minus the pump ill take 300 for it and will guantee it im in sc

Apparently this engine was not cared for or it did not have the miles he claimed. It sat open and is pitted badly. Does anybody know this guy?

3rd f'n I got online. I can not afford this at all. I will post pics soon.

REPO3ANITE, Did you actually hear the truck run, before you pulled the pump?

From the guy that is pulling the engine down - #8 has bad pitting in it so the block is junk also, The turbo was off it I'll show you I'll send you another email with more pics, This thing must of sat outside for awhile plus there was acorns inside the exhaust and intake runners.

I need some advice here. I'm sure the guy I sold the engine to is wanting some, all or most of his money back.

20150126_105247.jpg 20150126_105303.jpg 20150126_110647.jpg 20150126_110655.jpg 20150126_110718.jpg 20150126_110725.jpg 20150126_110732.jpg Talked to REPO3ANITE and he said he did hear it run before he took off the injection pump.

He also had the engine stored inside ever since he pulled it.

I am sending the money back to the guy that bought the engine from me. It sounded like REPO3ANITE would work with me after he checks the pictures of the engine with the heads off.

I hate drama. Never would have happened back in the day. I would have been looking at different vehicles or crate motors. My how things change.

Here are pics Jeff asked that I attach:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back