• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I* am looking for a 6.5 diesel engine for our 1998 K2500 Suburban I am not sure what

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
I* am looking for a 6.5 diesel engine for our 1998 K2500 Suburban

I am not sure what is wrong with ours. I have a thread in the 6.5 section.

If anybody is interested in buying it as is, feel free to make me an offer. I have no idea of it's value as is.

Heated seats and the AC has been redone and worked good last time we drove it. I have another transmission out of a 1999.

The drivers seat is pretty well trashed. Other than that it's in pretty good condition.

I would be interested in a complete vehicle for the engine, a good low mileage engine or links to anything you think I might be interested in.

I'd prefer a drop[ in and go. Depends on what I find.

I could have bought the wrecked 99 the trans came out of for $8 or 900 but I was late seeing the ad and all he had left was the frame, trans and transfer case

Nothing peaking my interest yet. I will try to be patient for a good deal. I actually do not consider any used engine that has been siting to be worth anymore than scrap price unless it is guaranteed.
Especially an engine that is not buttoned up. By buttoned up - I mean every orifice plugged or closed. I have a friend that had a high dollar 402 sitting on the floor of his shop. Mice crawled up the headers and nested in the heads. _ not good. I've also heard stories of dust, mud dauber and other damage that would not have happened to a closed up engine

I feel the same. I am considering the 6.2's in storage plus the are 2 others that I can get for 100 a piece.

They would get torn down before getting installed.

Source Unknown

I have a 6.5 with 98,000 onit m. I bought it for the pump so everything comes with it minus the pump ill take 300 for it and will guantee it im in sc

The 1998 6.5 engine thread about the one making oil? Not sure what thread of yours this one is under?

I'm going to New York the end of April if you find anything from Wisconsin to New York let me know I can help you get it to you. I have a 1993 6.5 turbo engine that has about 140,000 on it. Still in the truck. Ran good until I had to pull the db2 out of it to get my dually fixed. I have the other injection pump and the engine will run if I put the IP back in. all holes are plugged, I can't agree more about plugging opening in a engine.

Back