• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hydro Boost; Which To Buy? China Junk? Or????

CORVAIRWILD

Reaction score
In Arizona, buying another diesel Suburban
It's for our '95 Suburban 6.5TD, has 279k now, and prolly original. Even the remans are from China... And Rock Auto is $180, and hard to find, it's mis-listed under brake booster, not hydro-boost. And they can't tell you where it's re-manned... I'd rather pay more and not change it in a year, who needs lifetime warranty?!?!?

https://www.google.com/search?q=sub...la:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

I know the last one I did was an ACDELCO reman, and it didn't even make it 3 months before it started peeing on the floor inside. And a hydro boost IS a brake booster. It is just a hydraulic type instead of a vacuum type.

I was able to buy a new one from Amazon for a little cheaper than rock auto and it turned out ok. At first I thought it leaked but after I cleaned it up specifically squirting some brake cleaner in the weep hole it has performed fine.

Amazon is about like Ebay your mileage may vary. So far I have had good experiences. Google or use rock auto or other way to get some part numbers and plug them into Amazon.

I don't know but at 279K miles I would buy a new one.

Back