• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40II Turbo Install

I have the 1ok resistor already. is if you put a 15k resistor will it see less psi or is it the other way? it is defueling at 15 psi. but i tow a 12000 pound trailer and it will hit that at any hill. so i was thinking there has to be away to fool the ecm to think it is seeing only 10psi at at 18 to be safe. I don't want it to defuel when towing.

Have you checked the code youre setting? How did you install the resistor, in series or in parallel? Or did you install a potentiometer per a drawing?

I put the resistor in series. No codes just defuel. The resistor did help. I have a 20k resistor now that I will try in the morn.

It wont defuel without setting some code, so you should check the history. You might want to just get a pot, hook it up and adjust it and monitor a scanner. Youre also going to be screwing with the barometric pressure reading, so you cannot necessarily use 10kohms. Using a resistor is also different than the pot wiring for a boost fooler, it will act differently than the grounded pot.

Yes, when wired like the stickys show, with the pot going across the output wire and ground. A lot of guys with GM turbos do it without issues, but youre still messing with the baro pressure reading. With a stock program, your fueling doesn't really need 15psi of boost, so you could also lower that.

Super interested in this swap and want to pull the trigger on a HX40WII turbo, just making sure everything is still available for the kit, plus wanted to see if there was an update on the manual boost controller as well. I made alot of progress on my burb a couple years back and then it got put on the back burner but i really wanna get this mod done before i head to Heath for a new tune.

Please let me know what you currently have available for this swap, as i want to make sure i have everything before i start tearing into my burb, i also see you mention that you supply the reducers and T-bolt clamps that siliconeintakes.com does so i would rather go through you for everything i need if possible.

this is how my engine bay is setup now

15gfh9z.jpg

fkpnj8.jpg

Racedaymechanic is no longer making the kit for the swap but that hasn't stopped many others from getting the hx40II installed on their trucks.

The main part is getting an elbow made up to connect the turbo to the down pipe.

Over at diesel place forums there is a wealth of info about installing this turbo. Many are running this exact turbo.

X2! It is impossible, well only if you dont drive your rig in the winter to keep it looking that nice! Good work!

Thanks, I try to make a habit of keeping my engine and truck clean but we are pretty lucky in my area as the weather is pretty mild, the most dirt this engine has seen is when hauling quads to the dunes :)

Back