• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX35, exhaust, and injectors?

Anybody have any experience with DCP Parts Inc out of Memphis, TN? They advertise rebuilding your set of eight, if you send the injectors to them, on Ebay for $136/set. Here's what they advertise:

This is a service purchase. You are buying our rebuilding services for your 6.5L injectors fitted to most all the Chevroleet/GMC applications, like the one listed in the picture.

How does it work?

Once you use the buy it now option, you will recieve an email with a label to send your injectors into us, frieght prepaid. We will rebuild your injectors and return them to you. This process generally takes 1-3 business days. This is a full rebuild that includes new nozzle, heat shield and body refinishing. These are the items that fail the most on these injectors.

What if I need injectors faster than this?

Please contact us and we will work with you any way we can to get injectors to you faster. our number is 901-873-3400

These items have been fully rebuilt and set to factory new specifications. Injectors are covered by a twelve month warranty. These are top quality injectors and are some of the best pricing on the market.

I have contacted them, and they say that if I tell them the pop pressure I want, they can rebuild them and set them to that pressure. My fear is that they just stick some stock Chinese nozzles on them and call them rebuilt to my specs, and how would I know different without an injector test stand at my house to verify the pop pressure on each injector is what I specified and the balance between injectors is right?

Into ok my new injectors to Diesel shop and they tested one of my new injectors, a lousy 1750 pop pressure, so lame. Now I need to have them all set to my specs

Anybody have any experience with DCP Parts Inc out of Memphis, TN? They advertise rebuilding your set of eight, if you send the injectors to them, on Ebay for $136/set. Here's what they advertise:

This is a service purchase. You are buying our rebuilding services for your 6.5L injectors fitted to most all the Chevroleet/GMC applications, like the one listed in the picture.

How does it work?

Once you use the buy it now option, you will recieve an email with a label to send your injectors into us, frieght prepaid. We will rebuild your injectors and return them to you. This process generally takes 1-3 business days. This is a full rebuild that includes new nozzle, heat shield and body refinishing. These are the items that fail the most on these injectors.

What if I need injectors faster than this?

Please contact us and we will work with you any way we can to get injectors to you faster. our number is 901-873-3400

These items have been fully rebuilt and set to factory new specifications. Injectors are covered by a twelve month warranty. These are top quality injectors and are some of the best pricing on the market.

I have contacted them, and they say that if I tell them the pop pressure I want, they can rebuild them and set them to that pressure. My fear is that they just stick some stock Chinese nozzles on them and call them rebuilt to my specs, and how would I know different without an injector test stand at my house to verify the pop pressure on each injector is what I specified and the balance between injectors is right?

I personally wouldn't trust someone so cheap. These type of companies usually cut corners very hard and use cheap parts and i have even seen places that never do any thing with pop pressures. They just put in a new cheap tip an clean the rest of the injector and send it back out the door. But i don't know about this company.

2DR, Sounds good. I know what you mean. I am the same way. Sounds like your rig will be very nice when done but progress pics are cool too you know.

I still have not called my local shop. Too dang busy during business hours! They will probably be too dang expensive anyway. Most shops around here are not willing to do anything 'custom' anyway. "The manual says it is supposed to be ____ so that is where we set it" kind of responses.:rolleyes5:

I saw the TN shop too. Seems too good to be true for me. Like you guys said, probably get what you pay for.

So keep throwing ideas around. Sounds like there are a few of us shopping....

How about Pensacola Diesel? They advertise Reman IP's without PMD for $450. They also rebuild injectors/sell reman injectors. anybody have any experience with them?

I got a good review on them from turbine doc several years ago, but that was several years ago. Don't want to say too much if our conversation wasn't meant for all. Plus things may have changed as of late.

I asked about about them back when I was looking for a rebuilt IP and the reviews from this group were not so good. I don't know about injectors.??? How difficult is it to rebuild them ourselves?

I finally called my local shop Friday. He recommended buying new injectors because he charged more to rebuild than to swap. I asked him about increased pop pressure so he suggested 'marine' injectors. Said that he thinks they come with higher pop pressure. He is quoting all new Bosch parts. Does anyone know what pressure they come with new?

New marines are 2300psi, and I have Unique Diesel (chevydiesel here) rebuilding both my pump & injectors, going with new Bosch 311 tips set at 2100 for a little more fuel flow at a lower rpm, my 2833 pump is being rebuilt & setup also by John, give him a call and he can help you with it.

Ok. I finally got the exhaust installed today. I still need injectors. I want to install them while I have the turbo pulled off. I have my adapter and fitting from RaceDayMechanic to install the HX35 sitting on the bench in my shop. But want to knock out the injectors while I have easy access. My local shop wants $60 each for stock Bosch & $78 for marine Bosch. He doesn't seem to want to mess with pop pressure testing.?.

Marine injectors really arent needed. Ive been having trouble trying to get my injectors pop tested. Most shops are not familar with these type on injectors.

Im about ready to call a high end diesel shop in Albany to do my injectors. Might have to send them out or drive at least an hour one way haha

If anyone on here tests and adjusts or know someone who does this please reply or PM me. If not, I may have to build a tester and become a vendor... LOL

It helped to go to my local shop and talk with the service guys. Over the phone the price was very high but in person he agreed that adjusting & popping the injectors would be about $6 each. But, they cannot find any Bosch injectors anywhere so I am buying Stanadyne injectors from him.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but... The pump determines the amount of fuel injected. Fuel is NOT compressable so if the pump meters 1cc of fuel that's what gets injected. Same if it meters 100cc. The pop pressure is how high the injector line pressure must get before the injector opens. If it's set at 2200psi then the line is at 2199psi when the engine is off.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but... The pump determines the amount of fuel injected. Fuel is NOT compressable so if the pump meters 1cc of fuel that's what gets injected. Same if it meters 100cc. The pop pressure is how high the injector line pressure must get before the injector opens. If it's set at 2200psi then the line is at 2199psi when the engine is off.

Exactly. The pump controls fuel volume ,not the injector.

while I agree with what has been said it is theoretically possible to get a little more fuel with lower pop pressures. as the pump has a little residual fuel that won't push thru at say 2200 psi but would flow a tiny bit more at say 1600 psi.

Back