• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX35, exhaust, and injectors?

Bummer, what about Handcannon?

I've still got the HX35W on my pickup, but like I said earlier, I'm not impressed with it. My EGTs seem to be just as high, if not slightly higher, than with the GM4. No appreciable change in MPG either. The only thing I can actually say has changed is the whistle, which is no big deal for me.

I don't know just offhand what housing it has though. I know that there are supposed to be some kind of identifying markings somewhere on the mounting flange, but can anybody give me some indication as to exactly where to look.

Don

I've still got the HX35W on my pickup, but like I said earlier, I'm not impressed with it. My EGTs seem to be just as high, if not slightly higher, than with the GM4. No appreciable change in MPG either. The only thing I can actually say has changed is the whistle, which is no big deal for me.

I don't know just offhand what housing it has though. I know that there are supposed to be some kind of identifying markings somewhere on the mounting flange, but can anybody give me some indication as to exactly where to look.

Don

post up the part# cast in the turbine hsg and I can tell you if it's a 12 or 14, I would bet you have a 12cm hsg.......the part# will be 7 digits on the snail part of the hsg...

Here's the casting number, 3592791. If looking at the back (outlet) side, just to the left of the wastegate area is where this was at. A little farther to the left of that the Holset name was found.

If the GM4 turbo is considered to have little to no lag, then I'd say this Holset is about the same. I'm still running the stock tune as my funds for any tune are non-existent for a while.

Don

Here's the casting number, 3592791. If looking at the back (outlet) side, just to the left of the wastegate area is where this was at. A little farther to the left of that the Holset name was found.

If the GM4 turbo is considered to have little to no lag, then I'd say this Holset is about the same. I'm still running the stock tune as my funds for any tune are non-existent for a while.

Don

That's a 12cm Don, it will perform much better with a tune.

Thank you for the confirmation on housing size.

I figured it would run much better with a tune, but our finances right now are so tight we are just barely making it month to month. If I can find side work the money has been going into needed car repairs lately.

Don

I know that feeling, Don. My scraped up spare change in March went to get my dog spayed and a new keypad for my laptop. I guess the new Member's Mark jeans from Sam's Club will have to wait till the end of this month, I'll live with the torn out knees till then.

Don

Interesting. I don't have a GM turbo to compare too and obviously also just being turboed, I have nothing to compare it too but I have boost right off idle and it seems to have wicked midrange but not much top end, I am guessing I need more fuel. EGT's are around 800 average at 10 psi, when I have to push it hard up a hill, 1050 at 15 psi. I still have to do some backpressure tests and I have the 12 cm housing. MPG is the same around town but I picked up 5mpg on trips with hills.

Back