• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hunting airleaks - considering FTB mod while I´m at it?

That´s interesting! Does it stay there steady, or does it drop when you drive uphill or give a lot of throttle? Hmmm...maybe I´ve shot under again then, if I´m aiming for 5-9psi?

That´s interesting! Does it stay there steady, or does it drop when you drive uphill or give a lot of throttle? Hmmm...maybe I´ve shot under again then, if I´m aiming for 5-9psi?
It will drop to about 1-2 psi, If I went full throttle it would probably be 0, I drive easy as it is a work truck.

Ok. Maybe my readings aren´t that crisis after all, then. Thats good to know. :)

Driving easy is usually the best, but I´d like to know that the IP isn´t suffering. ;)

A hah.
I better see if I can source some better ones, then. Is there a special kind you would recommend?

Sourced these fittings locally today together with some clear hose. Gonna put the hose in between the ip and return lines to check for air before I try the new fittings. They are not 100% correct, but the old school guys in the shop I was said they thought it would work as long as I applied some thread sealant. Fingers crossed..56186

And it´s a bummer! The fittings (that I tested towards the original hose barb that came with the walbro when I was in the shop) did of course not fit the walbro, so there was that. At least I got the clear hosing installed between the IP and the return line, and there is no signs of air on the diesel side, so at least that´s happy news - although there is still not much pressure going on.

Back