• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HOWDY from The Alamo City of Texas

satx78247

Reaction score
New Friends, I just found this site by purest accident, while seeking new glow-plugs for my "new to me" 1986 f-250 Club-cab 6.9 with ZF manual transmission. - The f-250 has 59000 original miles & hasn't been started in about 8-9 years. Thus, I will need lots of advice. yours, tex

How the hell are ya? Welcome.
Im down in Houston area, Was just up SA way last weekend though.

How the hell are ya? Welcome.
Im down in Houston area, Was just up SA way last weekend though.
Greetings, Burning oil.
Do you get over this way often?

I live nearly in downtown, just off New Braunfels AV & I-35. - IF you come over here often, let me know & I'll show you my favorite "hole in the wall" Tex-Mex joint.
(Fist fights start here over Tex-Mex food & which joint is BEST.)

yours, tex

Welcome Tex. 59,000 is quite the barn find. start a thread on the truck (picture time is my favorite) and let's see if we can help you put it on the road without spending half a million bucks!

Will L,

The short answer is that the XLT Lariat is 300 miles from here & behind locked gates. - I'm waiting to get into the farm, so that we can bring it home/start working on it.
(It belonged to a rodeo cowboy who passed away.)

Once I have it here, get it cleaned up & running again (more or less), I'll have my daughter make numerous photos & post them here. = As best as I can tell, under 8 years of TX dirt, the white paint even looks new.
The all fabric interior DOES look new.
(I'm semi-literate in PC at best.)

Note: As best as I can figure out, the 5-speed ZF was dealer installed in Dallas by a Ford dealer in late 1987, based on the "paper litter" in the glove compartment.

yours, satx

Greetings, Burning oil.
Do you get over this way often?

I live nearly in downtown, just off New Braunfels AV & I-35. - IF you come over here often, let me know & I'll show you my favorite "hole in the wall" Tex-Mex joint.
(Fist fights start here over Tex-Mex food & which joint is BEST.)

yours, tex
Don;t that way to often but I do love the food. Got your PM I'll call you later.

Welcome to The Truck Stop! I've got family in SA. One owns a plumbing company there

Back