• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How to install 98-01 Dodge towing mirrors on a GMT400

can you guys that put the dodge mirrors on post up some nice outdoor shots of your whole truck so we can see what they really look like???

can you guys that put the dodge mirrors on post up some nice outdoor shots of your whole truck so we can see what they really look like???

Do a search on the dodge mirrors. I would post the link but can't remember what it was.... There is a nice black & red cc/swlb with them on there that look real nice! That is what had me looking at doing this swap until things broke and then I saw the ones I wanted.... Should be soon!

Do a search on the dodge mirrors. I would post the link but can't remember what it was.... There is a nice black & red cc/swlb with them on there that look real nice! That is what had me looking at doing this swap until things broke and then I saw the ones I wanted.... Should be soon!

lol i know the feelin i'm waitin on the same thing to order my new ones.....

well bit the bullet and ordered a set today, just got the standard manual type, i decided i didn't want to deal with wiring, it was cheaper, and i never move my mirrors once set anyways

hoyt572

hoyt572

hoyt572

The new mirrors, and new cm flatbed.

Great write Great white.
I love the look of these. Even better than the GM TTM's IMO. I've been running them for a couple years now and still think its one of the best mods for our trucks, that and a fuel pressure gauge.
If you can get over putting a "dodge" part on your truck these are great (hell I'll put a Cummins in it, I don't care). My install was simular to yours ,but no electrical. I would have done mine with the factory defrost switch like you did also. The 92-94 could be done using a factory switch also. In 92-94 some of the Suburbans had the dash trim panel that had knock out plates for switches in every slot.
Here was my write up. for some different pictures. http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?10702-Trailer-tow-mirrors-(DIY)

I think this is still just a mod. I know the originator of the post has been gone awhile.

There are GM style towing mirrors available for our bodystyle trucks, they are a direct bolt on.

I have seen the GM style mirrors and they are a second choice for me. I really like the Dodge truck mirrors and if they fit right I want them. I never had to look back when I had my Dakota or drove my brothers 2500Ram with the flip out mirrors.

I've got both sets, I like the look of the Dodge better. There is not an adapter plate made you'll just have to drill three new holes.

94-2002 I think. Let me know what you come up with then I'll see what I can come up with.

The style mirrors that are referenced here are the 03-06 style I believe. The earlier trucks didn't have a flip out mirror that I am aware of, and I'm not sure if teh 07+ redesigned body with the 6.7L had teh flip outs or not.

Back