• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How old were you when you got your first truck?

How old were you when you got your first truck?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score

This weeks contribution by Bernie.....

10-19
20-29
30-39
40-49
50-59
60-69
Other (see thread)

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

Don't have a pic, but this one is identical right down to the color:

Art_TX_79Scout_RR.jpg

Mine had white spoke rims and was a bit taller with larger tires.

304 international and 727 under the hood.

Damn I miss that truck. Was great in the summer with the top removed.

I was young and it was good times.

I'd get another one tomorrow if I could.....

My first truck was when I was 16. I still have it, but it isn't driveable anymore. Keep it around mostly for keepsake I guess you could say. It was 88 JEEP COMANCHE with a 4.0L and a 5 speed 4X4. Just plain jane stock, but I sure liked having it.

Don't have a pic, but this one is identical right down to the color:

Art_TX_79Scout_RR.jpg

Mine had white spoke rims and was a bit taller with larger tires.

304 international and 727 under the hood.

Damn I miss that truck. Was great in the summer with the top removed.

I was young and it was good times.

I'd get another one tomorrow if I could.....

That is an SUV, when did you get your first truck?

Got my first truck when I was 17. It was a red 1998 Chevy K2500 ECLB with 350/4L80e. Sold it last year.

Only reason I got it was I had too many tickets for speeding/wreckless driving in the Firebird. Still got my share of tickets in that truck though.

39. The year I bought Boulder Terrace Farm. '69 C10. It's in my signature pic after I had it and restored it a time or 2 and right before I sold it. That pic was taken on 9/11/2001 BTW. Odometer read 67k but it was on it's way to all zeros for the 5th time.
Lived in town and couldn't justify a truck before that but I sure needed one many times.

Believe it or not... I'm still driving it. Of course, I've only had it four years. Got it when I was 52. Before that I had a lot of vans and wagons, and a Suburban or two, but never a truck. Rented quite a few, leased a few more, for my construction company, but didn't actually own any of those.

1982 ( or was it 83) 6.2 diesel 1/2 ton chevy 2wd. Man that thing did good on fuel. I was 18-19 at the time. It's been too long I can't remember. I did have a few cars and bikes before that, but this was my first truck.

Back in the days from were i come from there were no pick up trucks to be had yet.
I was 31 when i got my first truck after i immigrated, was a used 78 chevy 1500,i wore it completely out on my first farm.
On the last day i used it i blew all forward gears on the way to town,i drove home in reverse and when i backed in the yard it blew the engine as well. To top it off, when i slammed the door a rear tire exploded.
Sold it for $100 to the junkyard.

I bought an old beat up 73 GMC when I started farming in 1980. It's still out back and ran when it was parked.

18. A 1975 Datsun pickup. Pretty much stock. I sold it 4 years later for twice what I paid for it. I had a lot of fun in that truck. :D

Back