• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How often do you use 4 wheel drive.

How often do you use 4 wheel drive.

• Every day

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • A couple of times a week

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Here and there

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Never.....I ani't got 4 wheel drive.

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other, please do tell.

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
I guess technically I use 4wd all day everyday..( trucks a dually)..lol.. I have seriously considered converting the truck to 4 wheel drive with a 5-speed stick shift...only cuz I've found that duallys can get stuck on a dry road...I just want the stick shift so I have better engine control coming off mountains when I'm towing a load... Easier to downshift then burn up your brakes

I dont always use 4wd, but when I do, Its once a year or so, and it usually ends up in me being frame deep with false trust in the abilities of a transfer case equipped vehicle... :)

the (2) 3/4 tons (93 and 95) are open diff, and are a huge disappointment in 4wd. my 06 Duramax with highway tires, but a G80 locker will bog almost as good. 4wd is just 2wd unless you have a locker. :)

After every oil change....

It's a piece of my oil change ritual to engage 4hi and 4lo for a few hundred feet in a nearby field.
Having the truck 7 years now, I can count the number of times on 1 hand I've turned it on because I actually was stuck/spinning tires, or as a precautionary measure based on what terrain I was about to cross.

Back