• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many sets of injectors has your truck(s) gone through?

How many sets of injectors has your truck(s) gone through?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score

Whether you did it or paid someone to do it, how many sets of squirters have been in your truck?

This is a multiple choice poll for those that have more than one truck.

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE......

Got burned by the Chinese nozzles that failed in 30K miles causing them to stick open and be extremely hard to start. Injector quality, where did you get them or rebuild them may be a good poll?

I got 1 set each in all 3 trucks.DIY rebuilds,bosch nozzles.
The 89 is on to 80 k and doing fine
the 95 has 80 k on them but due for a swap(they are getting sticky first start in the morning)
The 98 has only 30 k on them so far.

Got burned by the Chinese nozzles that failed in 30K miles causing them to stick open and be extremely hard to start. Injector quality, where did you get them or rebuild them may be a good poll?

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE......

To my knowledge my truck is still on the original injectors. :eek:

If so they have 186,000 miles.

06 LBZ is Original according to PO
95 is on 3rd:2nd went in with a new short block @100K, 3rd by me @245K and MIGHT be going bad (IP is suspect @276K)
94 Original ~350K :eek:
93 Had a new long block early in life so slightly less than 226K

For the 6.5 crowd 100K is the general life recommendation especially if towing my Burb with 130K has originals & overdue per general recommendations but has had a fairly easy life as a people mover, plan there is to get some tips & rebuild myself I bought a knockoff copy of a Bosh pop tester a few years ago I've yet to try out.

The truck has had 2 sets; 1st set @ 60ishK performance injectors from Kennedy when starting to build for power, 2nd set of performance injectors from Heath at 160K, were they bad ? I don't know but since that is my "heavy hauler" I erred on side of caution and followed the 100K recommendation for service cycle. 215K on the truck now so half life on installed injectors with 50K on those

My Dad has 170k on what once was my truck, I had them replaced under warranty once. Since then no issues minus the injector wiring chaffing.

Wow. It is amazing to see all the responses. But I'd be more interested to see what year and what engine, as it relates to the injector issues. It seems that only the older (1st year or 2) Duramax's had the injector issues. I am not that familiar with the 6.2/6.5 injector issues.

I realize I dont drive mine as much as I should or could but my 03 has only 38,000 on it so it is still needing to be broke in . BUT I love it just the same

Admin will have to move my vote of 3 sets to 4 sets. Guess I got trigger happy?

Just put the 4th set in recently at 360,000 in the '95 6.5L.

Should have done it sooner as this last set had 130,000 miles on them, but they go away so slow you kindof go to sleep.

Sure makes a big difference to have crisp set of high poppers!!!

Back