• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How do you haul long stuff?

How do you haul long stuff?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by schiker.....

how do you haul long stuff

Tail gate up
Tail gate down
With a reciever hitch bed exteneder
headache rack/ cab protector and hitch extender
Bed rack cab level
stuck through bed window
Trailer
tie to side mirror
drag it
passenger side window (added. Thanks Ferm)
on the roof (added. Thanks Ferm)

This is a multiple choice poll....

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

If it will I will strap it to my headache rack and be resting on the 2x8 at the end of my bed OR i had an H mount built for my bale spikes that kinda turns it into n over the cab rack.

If its too long for that I have an 18 ft bumper pull.

Depends on what it is, lol. Lumber normally goes on the 18' Car Trailer if it's a lot, otherwise cross-ways in the bed with the gate up, sticking out the right corner.

Up to about 10 ft I leave tailgate up. I want a cab protector roof level and hitch extender for light loads up to ~18 ft, but for now anything over ~10 ft gets the gooseneck.

Use to regularly roof carry a 17 ft canoe on a Mitsubishi Might Max. It was actually longer than the truck and felt like a sail. Once carried a 16 ft pasture fence on the Mighty Max roof and it looked funny.

Since I have a BURB it is normally on the roof, sticking out the passenger side window, or on a trailer.

With a long bed truck and tailgate down I can haul 12' stuff and only be hanging off the end a couple feet. Takes care of just about everything I need. Otherwise I've borrowed a trailer from a friend or rented one.

Trailer if it's too long to haul in the 6'-6" bed with gate down. Up to 12' is ok with the truck but trailer for longer.

Trailer if it's available, tailgate up if it's not a heavy load, tailgate down if it's heavy, and hopefully will someday build removable racks so I can haul on them.

Back