• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How do I run the stock wastegate on the HX35w on my 6.5?

Lol I tripped over it in my garage, it was brand new. Not sure what else to do with the intake

make an airbox for it, seal it up to the fender where the cold air comes from. search around, there are a few threads showing good looking home made intakes.

I personally run the 1997-2000 factory air cleaner, plenty big enough donaldson style element, and all cold air.

Yeah you need an airbox like the k47. Look at my avatar pic, you can do the same considering you already relocated the battery. I used a section of 4" dryer vent hose to plumb from the opening behind the signal light to the airbox opening, worked great.

Yeah you need an airbox like the k47. Look at my avatar pic, you can do the same considering you already relocated the battery. I used a section of 4" dryer vent hose to plumb from the opening behind the signal light to the airbox opening, worked great.
I stuck my battery over the fender but its only temporary till I figured out what to do with my intake. Its only secured with a pull strap cause I didnt have time to come up with a mounting solution. I like your other pics Jorge with the double 90 elbows. Did that bump the battery terminal pretty good?

Nevermind, I see that you got a side and top mount battery. Mines only side mount and I just bought two new ones a couple months back :-(

Yeah the top mount is the way to go, but if you can block the terminal with maybe a piece of rubber you can do the two 90s

Well no more 6.5 lol. Oil pump went out on the freeway at 2700 rpm and lost a ton of power for a few seconds. Pulled over right away and shut her off. Got it towed home and it started up and idled but has a terrible low end knock. Rebuild on this thing was around $4500-$5200 from the 6 machine shops that I called around town. I just put her up for sale and bought me a 85k mile duramax lly

That's too bad sorry to hear that. A teds take out GEP motor would cost half that or less. At least you got a new rig under you and kept it chevy!

I've found factory injectors for $1200, yea quite expensive but I'm in a much newer truck now.

Newer as in how? Yeah, its newer, just more toys to go wrong and more expensive. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a newer truck, but they are damn expensive to fix and unless your towing hauling tons of weight, not needed IMHO.

Back