• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How do I run the stock wastegate on the HX35w on my 6.5?

Well I made a bracket this morning for the wastegate. Was pretty simple actually, didnt have to weld anything. Here's a couple of pics of what I did and how I mounted it.

For future reference, when they started putting HY35s on the automatics, the hand shakers got this HX35 variant with the waste gate attached to the compressor housing. It was in the later VP years, 01-02 iirc.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Well I made a bracket this morning for the wastegate. Was pretty simple actually, didnt have to weld anything. Here's a couple of pics of what I did and how I mounted it.

Nice job. I would brace it though as it will flex inward towards the wastegate.

Finished up installing the new turbo last night and holy crap what a difference! This thing is fantastic! All in all Im about $580 into this turbo with the down pipe kit from racedaymechanic, the new intake and misc other small parts. Well worth the money!

Just leave it or you can remove it completely just keep the waste gate solenoid plugged in so the ECM can communicate with it.

Do you have a tuned ECM? If not you can replace the MAP sensor with a 3 bar MAP SENSOR so the ECM won't defuel and go to limp mode for boost above 10psi.

Plug it or remove the vacuum pump completely, otherwise you'll suck dirt into the vacuum pump and over time, buh bye pump at the worst time, :(

Here's a pic of the new turbo, the turbo took a shit on me on day two so just got it back from getting it fully rebuilt and finished up installing it AGAIN tonight lol. image.jpg

Back