• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hitch Questions

raptorider01

Reaction score
What "stinger" are you guys using for your bumper pull trailers? Most of the ones you can get at wally world, etc are only rated for a 5000lb trailer. My enclosed is almost that heavy empty, let alone when i load it with quads or a jeep.

So, what brand/style are you using for heavier trailers?

Brian

I have no personal experience with aftermarket hitches. But, the stock factory hitch is well known not to hold up. So, if you towing really heavy its a good idea to upgrade.

I make custom design drop hitches that will tow pretty much whatever they need to. I pull 20k lbs of steel on a regular basis with mine, no probs

Ive heard good things about the putman xdr

Im mostly interested in what people are running for the ball mount side of the reciever hitch, not the reciever its self.

Brian

I've got a reese draw bar thats rated at 6k (stainless steel) No problems out of it.

Not sure what mine is...just remember ordering a class V Ball mount. The shaft is solid!

No ball in mine but its rated for 15K. Its made by Curt. Its a beastily girl, weighs about 10lbs and costs $60

When I bought the Putnam XDR I also bought a Putnam Class V ball mount. I think it's rated at about 15k.

Back