• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hitch Mounted Vise

RI Chevy Silveradoman

At your service
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
I am looking for a nice hitch mounted vise to use while away on odd jobs. I have searched the internet and came up with a few, but I think I will just custom fab my own, as most are just generic.

Wilton, Portavise, MAC's Trail D-Vise, Hitch Mounted Vise Plate.

Anyone here have a nice hitch mounted vise setup?

I saw that Marty. Thanks for the feedback. I am leaning toward a custom mount that will ramp up from the receiver mount so I can stand rather than bend down or kneal while using the vise.
But definitely something along that line.

I actually just bought the wilton one to use since I don't have a strong enough workbench yet. Works pretty good. Has adjustmentioned screws to keep it snug in the hitch and comes with a hitch piece to mount it to anything else. Only complaint I have is it doesn't come out far enough to use it and the tailgate together. I might one day build hitch riser that moves it to use the tailgate as bench.

Thanks for the feedback KrisML. I like the design of the Wilton, but I also want something that is a little higher off the ground, and something that extends far enough out that I can use the tailgate and leave it open as well.
I think mine will be a custom fab job. I will post pics when I am done.

I am figuring on that. Thanks. I plan on some type of leg support to steady the extended receiver frame.
This is just a vice for fieldwork. Help in steadying and holding tools for sharpening, and holding pipe, etc.

Back