• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HIR's

Randy_the_Hack

Reaction score
Anyone else out here have HIR's? I've got 'em, and I really like 'em... but I just don't hear that much about 'em.

:cool:

I've mostly just heard of the HID's myself.

How do you like them?

ive seen people that like them they are kinda an upgrade from silver stars but i run HID's in mine

I really like 'em. Combined with the all headlights mod and the SilverStar's I have in the fogs, it's like daylight. I really like that 4 minutes with base modding with my dremel and the bulbs just slip in with no ballast, no rewiring, no problems with HID delay, etc. Plus... a hundred bucks and both low beams and high beams are done!

Lows are something like 75% brighter than stock halogens, highs are around 135% brighter than stock. Maybe not as bright as HIDs, but way brighter than stock, and none of that stupid blue tint... though I will admit a bit of blue tint to the fogs... :rolleyes:

whats wrong with the blue tint? I hate the super blue, or the purple, and even the yellow shiz now is ugly, but the normal 6000K or less Blue and Super White looks good..

whats wrong with the blue tint? I hate the super blue, or the purple, and even the yellow shiz now is ugly, but the normal 6000K or less Blue and Super White looks good..

A little blue tint goes a long way. The fart can ricers around here all use super blue lights... and IMHO they stink. Honestly, from behind the wheel, you really can't even tell my fogs have some blue tint. That amount of blue is fine with me.

I'm just opinionated... :eyebrows:

I run HIR's in the high beams for "flashing" and 4300K HID's in the lows, in Denali housings, and the all 4 on high diode mod.

O.k. fellas, where can I get these HIR bulbs, and how much? I am sensing a sudden urge requiring me to add more light....:)

O.k. fellas, where can I get these HIR bulbs, and how much? I am sensing a sudden urge requiring me to add more light....:)

Only source I know of is on eBay - search for Toshiba HIR's. They run $25 a piece, and he'll ship you up to 8 bulbs for the same shipping price as for 1. I just searched and there's only one hit for that search... and it's the guy I bought the things from.

Be advised... the bulb bases have to be trimmed slightly. Took about 5 minutes to trim all 4 of 'em with my Dremel.

Well worth the time and money, IMHO! :eyebrows:

You have any pics of the HIRs on at night?

I have some pics, but they don't show too well - try this:
AllHIR2.jpg

That's a big improvement from stock. You can say that for sure.

I know I really like 'em. Between the HIR's, the Silverstar fogs, and the all headlights mod, it feels like daylight. :cool:

Does this mean that once you do the alteration with the Dremel, you can't go back to regular bulbs Randy??

Back