• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High Performance DS-4

Woody35

Reaction score
So Westers Garage is selling a high performance injection pump that turns out 92.8mm compared to the 78.9mm. is there a reason why guys arent buying a lot of these for performance. i know its 1400 bucks but there are some guys here who have invested a lot into their 6.5 so why not this?

any thoughts?

Stock ones dont exactly put out 93mm3. I think most high performance programming might put you up to 85mm3 safely. There is only so much the computer can tell it to push, based on the width of the signal and frequency, and at high RPM there is less time between squirts to get a pulse in there. Westers may have done the FTB mod, put a higher pressure return valve in, more reliable parts?? larger distribution ports??? I wonder if they would explain how they get it to be a high performance IP?

Heath claims that the HP Chip that they sell will get the fuel delivery up to the 90+ arena.

The IP is capable its just the need to tell it what to do.

Not sure what DaHooooley is fueling but its plenty for sure. With the pedal on the floor and boost at 12 PSI the sucker still leaves some black smoke out the pipe

Heath chip installed.

MGW

so at the end of the day your paying close to $1700 for 3mm of fuel. not very good choice relating to bang for the buck

My understanding of thew new pump from the Wester's DS4 is that it has larger plungers in the pump.

Also, just because the ECM says that the pump is at 90 mm^3 does not mean that is what it is putting out. There is not a flow meter attached to the pump or lines, it is a calculation.

I believe my Wester's Flashed ECM bumped my up to 84-86.

Yes the stock engine runs better with no WG when using the ATT, but you'll be limited to 63^3mm/1000 fuel of the stock program, so max boost will be 10 psi but that 10 psi will also allow you to run 100 mph with a empty truck assuming you have a F truck, S truck factory will be 56^3mm/1000. Todd update your signature so we know what flavor of truck we are advising on.

Back