• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

hi all back again , I loose cyl #7 if i plug in the optic sensor ,,, Im hoping the daisy wheel is ok

Just a quick update for anyone interested , I have just done 1500 K`s over the last 3 days , Ran great , I kept an eye on the fuel pressuer and it dipped a bit low on some big hills so i will change out the lift pump today and stick in the caterter i have here , so looks like its all good ,,
Cheers all ,
Rob ,
PS : i just have been told by the police that the guy that ran me down wont go to court for at least 6 months as the NSW court system has shut down due to corona virus here ,,, I mayas well go on holliday for a while ,,,,, "-}

Oh i forgot to say how the dasiy wheel in the IP got damaged !

I took the pump(the old one ) to a local truck mechanic he normaly works on Cats ,, Anyhow he found a piece of PAPER in the pump Looked like someone had changed a Fuel filter and didnt check insied the filter before putting the filter in the housing <
well bugga me a slither of paper can just stuff your day ,
I will be checking that from now on ,,, Thanks all Im heading off tomorrow to a place called Harvey bay In Queensland ,,, The marinas there dont mind if RV`s atay a while ,,,

Thanks again all
Rob

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 9.15.34 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 9.15.34 am.png
    212.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 9.17.34 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 9.17.34 am.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 4
yep AK some Nob removed it ,,It tore the daisy wheel that spins inside the Optical sensor ,, I will grab a pic when im at the workshop next ,,,,

Guess I`ll be checking to be sure there is nothing left in the filter housing, now too. I have changed many a fuel filter of this type and never give it a thought.
On a hydraulic system one time. It was a new advanced system that had the very small orifice port used to lift the main valve to flow the larger amounts of fluid. it appeared someone had opened a new filter and punched through the cellophane wrapper, a very small piece of that wrapper had got stuck in the orifice and disabled the entire hydraulic system. :banghead:

Back